Cross sections and transport properties of Cl- ions in noble gases
- 74 Downloads
We have used a simple semi-analytic — momentum transfer theory (MTT) to develop negative halogen ions/noble gases momentum transfer integral cross sections based on the available data for reduced mobility at 300 K as a function of E/N. The unfolded cross sections were validated or further improved by assuring a good agreement between our Monte Carlo (MC) calculated transport data and the available experimental results. The data are produced with an aim to provide plasma modellers with cross section data and transport coefficients. We have also calculated the net rates of elastic scattering and detachment.
PACS.51.10.+y Kinetic and transport theory of gases 52.20.Hv Atomic, molecular, ion, and heavy-particle collisions 52.25.Fi Transport properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M.A. Lieberman, A.J. Lichtenberg, Principles of Plasma Discharge and Materials Processing (Wiley Hoboken, New Jersey, 2005) Google Scholar
- I. Stefanović, E. Kovacević, J. Berndt, J. Winter, New J. Phys. 5, 39.1 (2003); T. Makabe, Z. Petrović, Plasma Electronics: Applications in Microelectronic Device Fabrication Taylor and Francis (CRC Press, New York, 2006); J.P. Boeuf, Ph. Belenguer, J. Appl. Phys. 71, 4751 (1992) CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- D. Pintassilgo, K. Kutasi, J. Loureiro, Plasma Sources Sci. Technol. 16, S115 (2007); R.E.J. Sladek, E. Stoffels, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 38, 1716 (2005); N. Puac, Z.Lj. Petrović, G. Malović, A. Djordjević, S. Zivković, Z. Giba, D. Grubisić, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 39, 3514 (2006) Google Scholar
- sassafrass.chatam.edu Google Scholar
- R.E. Robson, Introductory Transport Theory for Charged Particles in Gases (World Scientific Publishing, Singapore, 2006) Google Scholar
- P. Langevin, Ann. Chim. Phys. 8, 245 (1905) Google Scholar
- E.A. Mason, E.W. McDaniel, Transport Properties of Ions in Gases (Wiley-Interscience Publication, New York, 1988) Google Scholar
- R.E. Robson, J. Phys. B 9, L337 (1976) Google Scholar
- J.V. Jovanović, S.B. Vrhovac, Z.Lj. Petrović, Eur. Phys. J. D 21, (2002) 335-342 Google Scholar
- M. Tadokoro, H. Hirata, N. Nakano, Z.Lj. Petrović, T. Makabe, Phys. Rev. E 57, R43 (1998); A.V. Vasenkov, M.J. Kushner, J. Appl. Phys. 94, 5522 (2003) Google Scholar