Spectroscopy and dynamics of the Ba..FCH3 complex excited in the 728–760 nm wavelength region
- 35 Downloads
The laser-induced intracluster Ba..FCH3+ hν → Ba* + CH3F photofragmentation has been investigated in the 13158–13736 cm-1 energy range, corresponding to the electronic Ã′-state of the Ba..FCH3 molecule. The major photofragmentation path was found to be the non-reactive Ba* + CH3F channel. The photodepletion action spectrum of the Ba..FCH3 was measured using nanosecond pump and probe technique, showing a broad feature with a maximum photodepletion cross-section of 8 Å2. The action spectrum of the non-reactive Ba photofragmentation channel was also measured. The results are discussed in the light of a proposed mechanism for the harpooning reaction leading to BaF when the complex is excited to the Ã electronic state.
KeywordsSpectroscopy Neural Network State Physics Complex System Nonlinear Dynamics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R.D. Levine, R.B. Bernstein, Molecular Reaction Dynamics and Chemical Reactivity (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1987) Google Scholar
- A.H. Zewail, Science 242, 1645 (1988) Google Scholar
- C. Jouvet, B. Soep, Laser Chem. 5, 157 (1985) Google Scholar
- G. Hoffman, Y. Chen, M.Y. Engel, C. Wittig, Isr. J. Chem. 30, 115 (1990) Google Scholar
- S. Skowronek, A. González Ureña, Atomic and Molecular Beams: The State of the Art 2000, edited by R. Campargue (Springer, 2001) Google Scholar
- P. Piecuch, J. Mol. Struct. 436-437, 503 (1997) Google Scholar
- S. Skowronek, A. González Ureña, Progr. React. Kin. Mech. 24, 101 (1999) Google Scholar
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, edited by David Lide, 74th edn. (CRC Press, Boca Raton, 1993) Google Scholar
- K.P. Huber, G. Herzberg, Molecular Spectra and Molecular Structure IV, Constants of Diatomic Molecules (Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, New York, 1979) Google Scholar
- R. Schinke, Photodissociation Dynamics (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1991) Google Scholar