Enhancement and band distortion of the IR absorption spectra of a methanol on silver evaporated thin films in UHV-ATR configuration
- 80 Downloads
Enhanced infrared absorption spectra of methanol adsorbed on evaporated silver films were measured using Kretschmann’s ATR configuration. Whereas the enhanced spectra were recordable using p-polarized radiation alone when the metal film was continuous, it was obtainable using both the p-polarized and s-polarized radiations from island films. Band distortion was also measured for changing incident angle and metal thickness. Furthermore, when film with silver of intermediate thickness was used, great distortion of the absorption band was observed. The relation between the anomalous absorption by the silver film and the band distortion was indicated.
KeywordsNeural Network Absorption Spectrum Incident Angle Quantum Computing Infrared Absorption
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Y. Suzuki, M. Osawa, A. Hatta, W. Suëtaka, Appl. Surf. Sci. 33/34, 875 (1988) Google Scholar
- M. Osawa, Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn 70, 2861 (1997)Google Scholar
- Y. Suzuki, H. Seki, T. Inamura, T. Tanabe, T. Wadayama, A. Hatta, Surf. Sci. 427-428, 136 (1999)Google Scholar
- Y. Suzuki, H. Seki, T. Inamura, T. Tanabe, T. Wadayama, A. Hatta, Surf. Sci. 433-435, 261 (1999)Google Scholar
- T. Wadayama, O. Suzuki, Y. Suzuki, A. Hatta, Appl. Phys. A 64, 501 (1997)Google Scholar
- Y. Suzuki, M. Kobayashi, A. Hatta, A. Otto, J.J.A.P. 36, 4446 (1997)Google Scholar