Jet Calibration using γ+Jet Events in the CMS Detector
A procedure is presented for evaluating the jet energy scale from direct photons in γ+jet events. The systematic shifts obtained on the jet energy scale with this technique are estimated. The range of applicability of this channel to calibrate the data is also discussed. The study is conducted using fully simulated events passed through the CMS detector including the effects of pile-up at an instantaneous luminosity of ℒ=2×1033 cm-2s-1.
KeywordsTransverse Momentum Transverse Energy Direct Photon Cone Radius Photon Isolation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.CMS TDR, CERN/LHCC 97-32 (1997) 387.Google Scholar
- 3.D. Bandourin, V. Konoplyanikov, N. Skachkov, Part. Nucl. Lett. 103, 34 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.http://cmsdoc.cern.ch/OSCAR/Google Scholar
- 8.http://cmsdoc.cern.ch/orcaGoogle Scholar
- 9.http://cms00.phys.ufl.edu/cms/DC04/PCP/Google Scholar
- 10.CMS TDR, CERN/LHCC 2000-038, 52 (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.CMS TDR, CERN/LHCC 2002-026, 296 (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.T. Affolder et al., FERMILAB-PUB-01/211-EGoogle Scholar