Parton recombination at all pT
- 19 Downloads
Hadron production at all pT in heavy-ion collisions in the framework of parton recombination is reviewed. It is shown that the recombination of thermal and shower partons dominates the hadron spectra in the intermediate pT region. In d + Au collisions, the physics of particle production at any \(\eta\) is basically the same as at \(\eta = 0\). The Cronin effect is described as a result of the final-state instead of the initial-state interaction. The suppression of R CP at high \(\eta\) is due to the reduction of the soft parton density on the deuteron side, thus resulting in less pions being produced by recombination, an explanation that requires no new physics. In Au + Au collisions a large \(p/\pi\) ratio is obtained because the thermal partons can contribute to the formation of a proton more than they do to the pion.
KeywordsRecombination Field Theory Elementary Particle Quantum Field Theory Particle Acceleration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R.C. Hwa, in Proceedings for the International Symposium on Multiparticle Dynamics, Sonoma County, CA, July 2004, Acta Phys. Polon. B 36, (2005); nucl-th/0410038Google Scholar
- 2.I. Arsene et al. (BRAHMS Collaboration), nucl-ex/0403005Google Scholar
- 3.L. McLerran, hep-ph/0402137Google Scholar
- 6.R.C. Hwa, C.B. Yang, R.J. Fries, nucl-th/0410111; Phys. Rev. C (to be published)Google Scholar
- 10.F. Matathias (for the PHENIX collaboration), J. Phys. G: Nucl. Part. Phys. 30, S1113 (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.R.C. Hwa, C.B. Yang, Phys. Rev. C 66, 205204 (2002)Google Scholar
- 15.R.J. Fries, B. Müller, C. Nonaka, S.A. Bass, Phys. Rev. Lett. 90, 202303 (2003); Phys. Rev. C 68, 044902 (2003)Google Scholar