QCD corrections to electroweak vector boson scattering at small scattering angles
- 33 Downloads
We investigate the role of a certain class of QCD corrections to electroweak vector boson scattering at small scattering angles and large energies. These are present since, from the perturbative analysis, the vector bosons may dissociate into quark-antiquark pairs giving rise to color dipoles interacting through gluon exchanges. After the computation of the vector boson impact factors, we present expressions for the lowest order QCD scattering amplitude and for the leading logarithmic BFKL amplitude. Particularly we discuss numerical results for the process \(\gamma\gamma\to ZZ\). The QCD corrections to the cross section resulting from the interference with the electroweak ones are estimated and compared with the leading pure electroweak part. Corrections resulting from the leading log BFKL amplitude are of the order of a few percent already at the 0.5-1 TeV energy range.
KeywordsColor Energy Range Lower Order Impact Factor Large Energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Baillargeon, G. Belanger, F. Boudjema, hep-ph/9405359Google Scholar
- 4.F. Boudjema, in Physics and Experiments with Linear \(e^+e^-\) Colliders, Waikoloa, Hawaii, 1993, edited by F.A. Harris et al. (World Scientific), vol. II, p. 712Google Scholar
- 5.G.J. Gounaris, J. Layssac, P.I. Porfyriadis, F.M. Renard, Eur. Phys. J. C 13, 79 (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.E.A. Kuraev, L.N. Lipatov, V.S. Fadin, Sov. Phys. JETP 44, 443 (1976)Google Scholar
- 11.J. Bartels, K. Golec-Biernat, K. Peters, Acta Phys. Polon. B 34, 3051 (2003)Google Scholar
- 15.J. Bartels, M.A. Braun, D. Colferai, G.P. Vacca, Eur. Phys. J. C 20, 323 (2001), hep-ph/0102221Google Scholar
- 16.L.N. Lipatov, Pomeron in quantum chromodynamics, in Perturbative QCD, pp. 411-489, edited by A.H. Mueller (World Scientific, Singapore 1989)Google Scholar
- 17.J. Bartels, M.G. Ryskin, G.P. Vacca, Eur. Phys. J. C 27, 101 (2003), hep-ph/0207173Google Scholar