A decentralised topology control to regulate global properties of complex networks
In the last decade much research effort has been devoted to the investigation of the interplay between properties (i.e. synchronization, clustering, resilience to node fault) and topology of complex networks. Many algorithms have been proposed to construct a network topology with a given properties or to optimize them. These algorithms are static, off-line implemented and may require global network knowledge. In this paper we propose a simple decentralized topology control algorithm that by local actions carried out at the node allows to regulate network global properties. Additionally the algorithm is dynamic coping with both node and link faults and can be on-line implemented.
KeywordsStatistical and Nonlinear Physics
- 3.R. Hulsermann, A. Betker, M. Jager, S. Bodamer, M. Barry, J. Spath, C. Gauger, M. Kohn, ITG FACHBERICHT 182, 65 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.F. Constantinou, P. Mavrommatis, Identifying known and unknown peer-to-peer traffic, in Network Computing and Applications, 2006. NCA 2006. Fifth IEEE International Symposium on (IEEE, 2006), pp. 93–102Google Scholar
- 9.A. Ganesh, L. Massoulié, D. Towsley, The effect of network topology on the spread of epidemics, in INFOCOM 2005. 24th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies. Proceedings IEEE (IEEE, 2005), Vol. 2, pp. 1455–1466Google Scholar
- 10.S. Manfredi, D. Angeli, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, DOI: 10.1109/TAC.2016.2598650Google Scholar
- 17.P. Erdős, A. Rényi, Publ. Math. Instrum. Hungar. Acad. Sci. 5, 17 (1960)Google Scholar
- 27.L. Sabattini, C. Secchi, N. Chopra, Decentralized control for maintenance of strong connectivity for directed graphs, in Control Automation (MED), 2013 21st Mediterranean Conference on (2013), pp. 978–986Google Scholar
- 28.S. Manfredi, E.D. Tucci, Int. J. Control, DOI: 10.1080/ 00207179.2016.1201218Google Scholar
Open Access This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.