Nanomechanical resonator coupling with a double quantum dot: quantum state engineering
- 93 Downloads
We propose a theoretical scheme to realize quantum state engineering of a nanomechanical resonator (NAMR) through the coupling between the NAMR and a double quantum dot (DQD). Hybrid entangled states between the NAMR and the DQD and superposed coherent states of the NAMR are created explicitly. It is shown that quantum state tomography for the NAMR can be implemented through carrying out unitary operations on the NAMR and the DQD. It is indicated that the scheme is feasible at the reach of the present technology.
PACS.42.50.Dv Nonclassical states of the electromagnetic field, including entangled photon states; quantum state engineering and measurements 85.85.+j Micro- and nano-electromechanical systems (MEMS/NEMS) and devices 73.21.La Quantum dots
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Siewert, T. Brandes, G. Falci, arXiv:cond-mat/0509735 Google Scholar
- S. Savel'ev, X. Hu, A. Kasumov, F. Nori, arXiv:cond-mat/0601019 Google Scholar
- D.P. Divincenzo, G. Burkard, D. Loss, E.V. Sukhorukov, arXiv:cond-mat/9911245 Google Scholar
- J.Q. Liao, Y. Guo, H.S. Zeng, L.M. Kuang, J. Phys. B 39 4709 (2006) Google Scholar
- W.P. Schleich Quantum Optics in Phase Space (Wiley-VCH, 2000) Google Scholar
- P. Rungta, V. Buzěk, C.M. Caves, M. Hillery, G.J. Milburn, Phys. Rev. A 68, 0423606 (2003) Google Scholar
- U. Leonharad, Measuring the Quantum State of Light (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, England, 1997) Google Scholar
- H.P. Breuer, F. Petriccione, The Theory of Open Quantum Systems (Oxford University Press, USA, 2002) Google Scholar