Quantum diffusion in polaron model of poly(dG)-poly(dC) and poly(dA)-poly(dT) DNA polymers
- 69 Downloads
We numerically investigate quantum diffusion of an electron in a model of poly(dG)-poly(dC) and poly(dA)-poly(dT) DNA polymers with fluctuation of the parameters due to the impact of colored noise. The randomness is introduced by fluctuations of distance between two consecutive bases along the stacked base pairs. We demonstrate that in the model the decay time of the correlation can control the spread of the electronic wavepacket. Furthermore it is shown that in a motional narrowing regime the averaging over fluctuation causes ballistic propagation of the wavepacket, and in the adiabatic regime the electronic states are affected by localization.
PACS.87.15.-v Biomolecules: structure and physical properties 63.20.Kr Phonon-electron and phonon-phonon interaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- For a recent review, see, for example, D. Porath, G. Cuniberti, R. Di Felice, Top. Curr. Chem. 237, 183 (2004) Google Scholar
- D.K. Campbell, S. Flach, Y.S. Kivshar, Physics Today, Jan. 43 (2004) Google Scholar
- W. Saenger, Principles of Nucleic Acid Structure (Springer, New York, 1984) Google Scholar
- B.J. Bern, R. Pecora, Dynamic Light Scattering (Wiley, New York, 1976) Google Scholar
- C. Chang, A.H.C. Neto, A.R. Bishop, Chem. Phys. 115, 4169 (2004) Google Scholar
- S. Tanaka, Y. Sengoku, Phys. Rev., E 68, 031905 (2003) Google Scholar