Semiconductor quantum dots in high magnetic fields
- 100 Downloads
We review and extend the composite fermion theory for semiconductor quantum dots in high magnetic fields. The mean-field model of composite fermions is unsatisfactory for the qualitative physics at high angular momenta. Extensive numerical calculations demonstrate that the microscopic CF theory, which incorporates interactions between composite fermions, provides an excellent qualitative and quantitative account of the quantum dot ground state down to the largest angular momenta studied, and allows systematic improvements by inclusion of mixing between composite fermion Landau levels (called Λ levels).
PACS.71.10.Pm Fermions in reduced dimensions (anyons, composite fermions, Luttinger liquid, etc.) 73.43.-f Quantum Hall effects
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- For reviews on quantum dots and their possible applications, see L.P. Kouwenhoven, G. Schön, L.L. Sohn, in Mesoscopic Transport NATO ASI Series E (Kluwer Academic, Boston, 1997), Vol. 345; G. Burkard, D. Loss, in Semiconductor Spintronics and Quantum Computation, edited by D.D. Awschalom, D. Loss, N. Samarth (Springer-Verlag, New York, 2002), pp. 230–276; S.M. Reimann, M. Manninen, Rev. Mod. Phys. 74, 1283 (2002) CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- J.K. Jain, T. Kawamura, Europhys. Lett. 29, 321 (1995) Google Scholar
- M. Koskinen, S.M. Reimann, J.-P. Nikkarila, M. Manninen, e-print arXiv:cond-mat/0605321 Google Scholar
- A.D. Güçlü J.-S. Wang, H. Guo, Phys. Rev. B 68, 245323 (2002); A.D. Güçlü, C.J. Umrigar, Phys. Rev. B 72, 045309 (2003); A.D. Güçlü, G.S. Jeon, C.J. Umrigar, J.K. Jain, Phys. Rev. B 72, 205327 (2005); G.S. Jeon, A.D. Güçlü, C.J. Umrigar, J.K. Jain, Phys. Rev. B 72, 245312 (2005) Google Scholar
- R.C. Ashoori, H.L. Stormer, J.S. Weiner, L.N. Pfeiffer, K.W. Baldwin, K.W. West, Phys. Rev. Lett. 71, 613 (1993); R.C. Ashoori, H.L. Stormer, J.S. Weiner, L.N. Pfeiffer, K.W. Baldwin, K.W. West, Phys. Rev. Lett. 68, 3088 (1992); R.C. Ashoori, Nature (London) 379, 413 (1996) CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- G.S. Jeon, C.-C. Chang, J.K. Jain, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 16, L271 (2004) Google Scholar