Synchronization and structure in an adaptive oscillator network
- 174 Downloads
We analyze the interplay of synchronization and structure evolution in an evolving network of phase oscillators. An initially random network is adaptively rewired according to the dynamical coherence of the oscillators, in order to enhance their mutual synchronization. We show that the evolving network reaches a small-world structure. Its clustering coefficient attains a maximum for an intermediate intensity of the coupling between oscillators, where a rich diversity of synchronized oscillator groups is observed. In the stationary state, these synchronized groups are directly associated with network clusters.
PACS.05.45.Xt Synchronization; coupled oscillators 05.65.+b Self-organized systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- N. Wiener, Cybernetics, or Control and Communication in the Animal and the Machine (MIT Press, Cambridge, 1948) Google Scholar
- S.H. Strogatz, Sync. The Emerging Science of Spontaneous Order (Hyperion, New York, 2003) Google Scholar
- Y. Kuramoto, Chemical Oscillations, Waves and Turbulence (Springer, Berlin, 1984) Google Scholar
- S.C. Manrubia, A.S. Mikhailov, D.H. Zanette, Emergence of Dynamical Order. Synchronization Phenomena in Complex Systems (World Scientific, Singapore, 2004) Google Scholar
- H. Hong, M.Y. Choi, B.J. Kim Phys, Rev. E 65, 026139 (2002) Google Scholar
- http://vlado.fmf.uni-lj.si/pub/networks/pajek/ Google Scholar