Analysis of a long-range random field quantum antiferromagnetic Ising model
- 55 Downloads
We introduce a solvable quantum antiferromagnetic model. The model, with Ising spins in a transverse field, has infinite range antiferromagnetic interactions and random fields on each site following an arbitrary distribution. As is well-known, frustration in the random field Ising model gives rise to a many valley structure in the spin-configuration space. In addition, the antiferromagnetism also induces a regular frustration even for the ground state. In this paper, we investigate analytically the critical phenomena in the model, having both randomness and frustration and we report some analytical results for it.
PACS.75.50.L Spin glasses and other random magnets 05.30.-d Quantum statistical mechanics 02.50.-r Probability theory, stochastic processes, and statistics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- See e.g., E. Fradkin, Field Theories of Condensed Matter Systems (Addison-Wesley, Redwood, 1991); I. Bose, in Frontiers in Condensed Matter Physics: 75th year special publication of Ind. J. Phys., edited by J.K. Bhattacharjee, B.K. Chakrabarti (Allied Publ., New Delhi, 2005) Google Scholar
- B.K. Chakrabarti, A. Dutta, P. Sen, Quantum Ising Phases and Transitions in Transverse Ising Models (Springer, Heidelberg, 1996) Google Scholar
- M. Suzuki, Prog. Theor. Phys. 56, 2454 (1976); see also B.K. Chakrabarti, A. Das, pp. 3-36 and N. Hatano, M. Suzuki, pp. 37-68 in Quantum Annealing and Related Optimization Methods, edited by A. Das, B.K. Chakrabarti, LNP 679 (Springer, Heidelberg, 2005) Google Scholar
- See, e.g., P.M. Chaikin, T.C. Lubensky, Principles of Condensed Matter Physics (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1997) Google Scholar
- B.K. Chakrabarti, J. Inoue, e-print arXiv:cond-mat/0508218 (2005); Proc. CMDAYS-05, Ind. J. Phys. 80 (No.6) (2005) (to be published) Google Scholar
- See e.g., C. Kittel, Introduction to Solid State Physics (John Wiley & Sons Inc., N.Y., 1966) Google Scholar
- C. Kaiser, I. Peschel, J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 22 4257 (1989) Google Scholar