High-frequency dynamics of Co/Fe multilayers with stripe domains
- 110 Downloads
Within the framework of two-dimensional (2D) numerical micromagnetic simulations, the equilibrium magnetization configuration and the high-frequency (0.1–30 GHz) linear response of Co/Fe multilayers have been investigated in detail. Due to the perpendicular anisotropy of Co layers, a stripe domain pattern can develop through the whole multilayer, the characteristics of which depend on the magnitude of the perpendicular anisotropy, the respective thicknesses of Co and Fe layers and the number of Co/Fe bilayers in the stack. One of the most striking features associated with the layering effect is the ripening aspect of the static magnetization configuration across the multilayers which induces complicated dynamic susceptibility spectra including surface modes and volume modes strongly confined within the inner Fe layers. The effect of the cubic magnetocrystalline anisotropy of Fe layers and the influence of a nonuniform perpendicular magnetic anisotropy within the Co layers on the static and dynamic magnetic properties of Co/Fe multilayers are then analyzed quantitatively.
PACS.75.40.Gb Dynamic properties 75.60.Ch Domain walls and domain structure 75.70.Cn Magnetic properties of interfaces (multilayers, superlattices, heterostructures)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Hubert, R. Schaefer, Magnetic Domains (Springer, Heidelberg 1998) Google Scholar
- S. Hamada, N. Hosoito, T. Ono, T. Shinjo, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 198–199, 496 (1999) Google Scholar
- G. Ausanio, V. Ianotti, I. Lanotte, M. Carbucicchio, M. Rateo, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 226–230, 1740 (2001) Google Scholar
- U. Ebels, L.D. Buda, K. Ounadjela, P.E. Wigen, Spin Dynamics in Confined Magnetic Stucture I (Springer, New-York, 2002) Google Scholar
- N. Vukadinovic, O. Vacus, M. Labrune, O. Acher, D. Pain, Phys. Rev. Lett. 85 2817 (2000) Google Scholar
- J. Pelzl, R. Meckenstock, D. Spoddig, F. Schreiber, J. Pflaum, Z. Frait, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 15, S451 (2003) Google Scholar
- N. Vukadinovic, IEEE Trans. Mag. MAG-38, 2508 (2002) Google Scholar