Monte Carlo study of 2D generalized XY-models
- 156 Downloads
In this paper we study a recent generalization of the XY-model in two dimensions by using Monte Carlo method. The vortex density, specific heat, energy and critical temperature are obtained. Some results are compared with approximated analytical calculations. The nature of the phase transition as the generalization parameter varies is discussed.
PACS.05.50+q Lattice theory and statistics 75.10.Hk Classical spin models 75.40.Mg Numerical simulation studies
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V.L. Berezinskii, Sov. Phys. JEPT 34, 610 (1972) Google Scholar
- D.P. Landau, K. Binder, A guide to Monte Carlo Simulation in Statistical Physics (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2000) Google Scholar
- G.M. Wysin, A.R. Pereira, I.A. Marques, S.A. Leonel, P.Z. Coura, Phys. Rev. B 72 094418 (2005) Google Scholar
- G.M. Wysin, Phys. Rev. B 71 094423 (2005) Google Scholar
- Nonlinear fittings were done using command “fit” of the gnuplot program, which is described in W.H. Press, S.A. Teukolsky, W.T. Vetterling, B.P. Flannery, Numerical Recipes-The Art of Scientific Computing (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1986–1992), Chap. 15 Google Scholar
- D. Ariosa, H. Beck, Helv. Phys. Acta 65, 499 (1992) Google Scholar
- Finite Size Scaling and Numerical Simulation of Statistical System, edited by V. Privman (World Scientific Publishing, Singapure, 1990) Google Scholar
- K. Harada, N. Kawashima, Phys. Rev. B 55, R11949 (1997) Google Scholar
- The specific heat maximum shown in the figure were obtained taking the highest value obtained in the simulation with the respective error Google Scholar
- M. Stainer, A.R. Bishop: in Solitons, edited by V.M. Agranovich, A.A. Maradudin (North Holland, Amsterdam, 1986) Google Scholar