Jordan-Wigner approach to the frustrated spin one-half XXZ chain
- 153 Downloads
The Jordan-Wigner transformation is applied to study the ground state properties and dimerization transition in the J1-J2 XXZ chain. We consider different solutions of the mean-field approximation for the transformed Hamiltonian. Ground state energy and the static structure factor are compared with complementary exact diagonalization and good agreement is found near the limit of the Majumdar-Ghosh model. Furthermore, the ground state phase diagram is discussed within the mean-field theory. In particular, we show that an incommensurate ground state is absent for large J2 in a fully self-consistent mean-field analysis.
PACS.75.10.Jm Quantized spin models 75.30.Kz Magnetic phase boundaries (including magnetic transitions, metamagnetism, etc.) 75.40.Mg Numerical simulation studies
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T.M. Rice, in Lecture Notes in Physics, Vol. 595, edited by C. Berthier, L.P. Lévy, G. Martinez (Springer, 2002) Google Scholar
- S. Eggert, Phys. Rev. B 54, R9612 (1996) Google Scholar
- M. Takahashi, Thermodynamics of One-Dimensional Solvable Models (Cambridge University Press, 1999) Google Scholar
- E. Fradkin, Field Theories of Condensed Matter Sytems (Addison-Wesley, Redwood City, 1991) Google Scholar
- W.J. Caspers, Spin Systems (World Scientific, Singapore, 1989) Google Scholar
- L.N. Bulaevskii, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 43, 968 (1962) [Sov. Phys. JETP 16, 685 (1963)] Google Scholar
- H. Büttner, T. Verkholyak, unpublished Google Scholar