Intrinsic metastability of low doped manganites: La0.8Ca0.2MnO3 case
- 69 Downloads
Transport properties of phase separated La0.8Ca0.2MnO3 crystals in the aged highly resistive metastable state were studied. It was found that the coexistence of different ferromagnetic phases at low temperatures is sensitive to electric current/field. In a contrast with the previously studied low resistivity metastable states the high resistivity state exhibits positive magnetoresistance and significant current dependence of the resistivity even at temperatures much higher than the Curie temperature. Application of current pulses results in appearance of zero bias anomaly in the current dependent conductivity. Similarly to the low resistivity metastable states the memory of the resistivity can be erased only after heating of the sample to Te ≈360 K. After one year storage at room temperature the La0.8Ca0.2MnO3 samples show clear signatures of aging. The aged samples spontaneously evolute towards high resistivity states. The results are discussed in the context of a coexistence of two ferromagnetic phases with different orbital order and different conductivity. The metallic ferromagnetic phase seems to be less stable giving rise to the experimentally observed electric field effects and aging.
KeywordsNeural Network Transport Property Curie Temperature Current Pulse Manganite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E. Dagotto, Nanoscale Phase Separation and Colossal Magnetoresistance, Springer Series in Solid State Physics (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2003) Google Scholar
- J.B. Goodenough, Rare Earth-Manganese Perovskites, Handbook on the Physics and Chemistry of Rare Earth, edited by K.A. Gschneidner Jr., J.-C.G. Bunzli, V. Pecharsky (Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, 2003), Vol. 33 Google Scholar
- Y. Yuzhelevski, V. Markovich, V. Dikovsky, E. Rozenberg, G. Gorodetsky, G. Jung, D.A. Shulyatev, Ya. M. Mukovskii, Phys. Rev. B 64, 224428 (2001); V. Markovich, E. Rozenberg, Y. Yuzhelevski, G. Jung, G. Gorodetsky, D.A. Shulyatev, Ya. M. Mukovskii, Appl. Phys. Lett. 78, 3499 (2001) CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- V. Markovich, G. Jung, Y. Yuzhelevski, G. Gorodetsky, A. Szewczyk, M. Gutowska, D.A. Shulyatev, Ya. M. Mukovskii, Phys. Rev. B 70 064414 (2004) Google Scholar
- J. Deisenhofer, D. Braak, H.-A. Krug von Nidda, J. Hemberger, R.M. Eremina, V.A. Ivanshin, A.M. Balbashov, G. Jug, A. Loidl, T. Kimura, Y. Tokura, e-print arXiv:cond-mat/0501443 (2005), unpublished Google Scholar