Evidence for a metallic–like state in the T=0 K phase diagram of a high temperature superconductor
- 34 Downloads
We examine the effects of a phenomenological pseudogap on the T=0 K phase diagram of a high temperature superconductor within a self-consistent model which exhibits a d-wave pairing symmetry. At the mean-field level the presence of a pseudogap in the normal phase of the high temperature superconductor is proved to be essential for the existence of a metallic–like state in the density versus interaction phase diagram. In the small density limit, at high attractive interaction, bosonic–like degrees of freedom are likely to emerge. Our result should be relevant for underdoped high temperature superconductors, where there is a strong evidence for the presence of a pseudogap in the excitation spectrum of the normal state quasiparticles.
KeywordsNeural Network Phase Diagram Normal State Complex System Strong Evidence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J.L. Tallon, J.W. Loram, Physica C 349, 53 (2001); J.L. Tallon, J.W. Loram, J.R. Cooper, C. Panagopoulos, C. Bernhard, Phys. Rev. B 68, R180501 (2003) Google Scholar
- M. Randeria, in Proceedings of the International School of Physics “Enrico Fermi”, edited by G. Iadonisi et al. (IOS, Amsterdam, 1998) Google Scholar
- B. Janko, J. Maly, K. Levin, Phys. Rev. B 56, R11407 (1997) Google Scholar
- P.A. Lee, Physica C 317–318, 194 (1999) Google Scholar
- A.J. Leggett, J. Phys. Colloq. France 41, C7-19 (1980) Google Scholar
- M. Randeria, in Bose–Einstein Condensation, edited by A. Griffing, D.W. Snoke, S. Stringari (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1995) and the references therein Google Scholar
- I. Ţifrea, I. Grosu, M. Crisan, Physica C 371, 104 (2002) Google Scholar
- L.P. Gorkov, Sov. Phys. JETP 9, 1364 (1959) Google Scholar
- I. Ţifrea, C.P. Moca, Eur. Phys. J. B 5, 33 (2003) Google Scholar
- V.N. Popov, Functional Integrals and Collective Excitations (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1987) Google Scholar