Rayleigh-Schrödinger-Goldstone variational perturbation theory for many Fermion systems
- 46 Downloads
We present a Rayleigh-Schrödinger-Goldstone perturbation formalism for many Fermion systems. Based on this formalism, variational perturbation scheme which goes beyond the Gaussian approximation is developed. In order to go beyond the Gaussian approximation, we identify a parent Hamiltonian which has an effective Gaussian vacuum as a variational solution and carry out further perturbation with respect to the renormalized interaction using Goldstone’s expansion. Perturbation rules for the ground state wavefunctional and energy are found, thus, opening a way for general use of the Schrödinger picture method for many Fermion systems. Useful commuting relations between operators and the Gaussian wavefunctional are also found, which could reduce the calculational efforts substantially. As examples, we calculate the first order correction to the Gaussian wavefunctional and the second order correction to the ground state of an electron gas system with the Yukawa-type interaction.
KeywordsNeural Network Perturbation Theory Order Correction Gaussian Approximation Fermion System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. Hatfield, Quantum Field Theory of Point Particles and Strings (Addison-Wesley, 1992) Google Scholar
- J.H. Yee, hep-th/9707234 Google Scholar
- J.S. Song, S. Hyun, C.K. Kim, J. Korean Phys. Soc. 29, 821 (1996)Google Scholar
- S.-A. Ahn, I.E. Dikstein, S.-H.S. Salk, Physica C 282-287, 1707 (1997)Google Scholar
- S.K. You, K.J. Jeon, C.K. Kim, K. Nahm, Eur. J. Phys. 19, 179 (1998)Google Scholar
- C.K. Kim, S.K. You, cond-mat/0212557 Google Scholar
- J.W. Negele, H. Orland, Quantum Many-Particle Systems (Addison-Wesley, 1998) Google Scholar