Partial derivative approach for option pricing in a simple stochastic volatility model
- 68 Downloads
We study a market model in which the volatility of the stock may jump at a random time from a fixed value to another fixed value. This model has already been introduced in the literature. We present a new approach to the problem, based on partial differential equations, which gives a different perspective to the issue. Within our framework we can easily consider several forms for the market price of volatility risk, and interpret their financial meaning. We thus recover solutions previously mentioned in the literature as well as obtaining new ones.
KeywordsSpectroscopy Differential Equation Neural Network State Physics Complex System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. Bachelier, in The Random Character of Stock Market Prices, edited by P.H. Cootner (MIT Press, Cambridge MA, 1964)Google Scholar
- 3.R.C. Merton, Bell J. Econ. and Management Sci. 4, 141 (1973)Google Scholar
- 4.J. Jackwerth, M. Rubinstein, J. Finance 51, 1611 (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.J. Hull, A. White, J. Finance 42, 281 (1987)Google Scholar
- 9.L.O. Scott, J. Financial and Quantitative Anal. 22, 419 (1987)Google Scholar
- 13.V. Naik, J. Finance 48, 1969 (1993)Google Scholar
- 15.P. Wilmott, Derivatives (John Wiley and Sons, Chichester, 1998)Google Scholar