Dynamics of threshold network on non-trivial distribution degree
- 52 Downloads
The dynamics of a threshold network (TN) with thermal noise on scale-free, random-graph, and small-world topologies are considered herein. The present analytical study clarifies that there is no phase transition independent of network structure if temperature T = 0, threshold h = 0 and the probability distribution degree P(k) satisfies P(0) = D = 0. The emergence of phase transition involving three parameters, T, h and D is also investigated. We find that a TN with moderate thermal noise extends the regime of ordered dynamics, compared to a TN in the T = 0 regime or a Random Boolean Network (RBN). A TN can be continuously reduced to an expression of RBN in the infinite T limit.
KeywordsDistribution Degree Thermal Noise Chaotic State Interaction Rule Average Connectivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.H. Jeong et al. , Nature (London) 407, 42 (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.M. Aldana, cond-mat/0209571Google Scholar
- 12.B. Derrida, J. Phys. A 20, L721 (1987)Google Scholar
- 18.J. Marro, R. Dickman, Nonequilibrium Phase Transition in Lattice Models (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1999)Google Scholar
- 20.J. Karbowski, Neurocomputing 44-46, 875 (2002)Google Scholar