Research perspectives at Jefferson Lab: 12 GeV and beyond
- 28 Downloads
The plans for upgrading the CEBAF accelerator at Jefferson Lab to 12 GeV are presented. The research program supporting that upgrade is illustrated with a few selected examples. The instrumentation under design to carry out that research program is discussed. Finally, a conceptual design of a future upgrade which combines an electron-ion collider facility at a luminosity of up to 1035 cm-2s-1 and a CM energy of up to 65 GeV with a 25 GeV fixed-target facility.
PACS codes.13.60.-r - 25.30.-c - 29.17.+w -
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1. Pre-Conceptual Design Report for the Science and Experimental Equipment for the 12 GeV Upgrade of CEBAF, 2003, L.S. Cardman et al., editors:http://www.jlab.org/div_dept/physics_division/pCDR_publicGoogle Scholar
- 2. X. Ji: ; A. Radyushkin: Google Scholar
- 3. G.S. Bali et al.: Proceedings of Int. Conf. on Quark Confinement and the Hadron spectrum, World Scientific, p. 225 (1995)Google Scholar
- 4. N. Isgur, R. Kokoski, and J. Paton: ; S. Godfrey and J. Napolitano: Google Scholar
- 5. L. Merminga, D.R. Douglas, and G.A. Krafft: Google Scholar