Coulomb excitation and transfer reactions with neutron-rich radioactive beams
- 71 Downloads
Neutron-rich radioactive ion beams available from the HRIBF allow a variety of measurements around the 132Sn region, including Coulomb excitation and single-nucleon transfer. The B(E2;0+ → 2+) values for first 2+ excited states of even-even neutron-rich 132-136Te and 126-130Sn have been measured by Coulomb excitation in inverse kinematics. Neutron transfer onto a 134Te beam from 9Be and 13C targets, to populate single-particle states in 135Te, has also been studied. Gamma rays from the 13C(134Te, 12C) reaction were used to identify the νi13/2 state in 135Te, at an energy of 2109 keV. These and other results, and plans for future experiments with these neutron-rich beams, are presented.
PACS.21.10.Ky Electromagnetic moments 21.10.Pc Single-particle levels and strength functions 25.70.De Coulomb excitation 25.70.Hi Transfer reactions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.A. Galindo-Uribarri, to be published in Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res.Google Scholar
- 4.C.J. Gross, Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res. A 450, 12 (2000).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Covello, private communicationGoogle Scholar
- 10.R.L. Varner, these proceedings.Google Scholar
- 11.See, for example, W. Urban, Eur. Phys. J. A 5, 239 (1999).Google Scholar
- 12.P. Hoff, Z. Phys. A 322, 407 (1989).Google Scholar
- 13.M. Rhoades-Brown, S.C. Pieper, M.H. McFarlane, PTOLEMY, unpublishedGoogle Scholar