New insights into the resonance states of 5H and 5He
The 5H system was produced in the 3H(t, p) 5H reaction studied at small CM angles with a 58MeV tritium ion beam. High statistics data were used to reconstruct the energy and angular correlations between the 5H decay fragments. A broad structure in the 5H missing-mass spectrum showing up above 2.5MeV was identified as a mixture of the 3/2+ and 5/2+ states. The data also present an evidence that the 1/2+ ground state of 5H is located at about 2MeV. Then, the 5H and 5He systems were explored by means of transfer reactions occurring in the interactions of 132MeV 6He beam nuclei with deuterium. In the 2H( 6He, 3H) reaction a T = 3/2 isobaric analog state of 5H in 5He was observed at an excitation energy of 22.0±0.3MeV with a width of 2.5±0.3MeV.
PACS.25.10.+s Nuclear reactions involving few-nucleon systems 25.60.-t Reactions induced by unstable nuclei 25.60.Je Transfer reactions 27.10.+h Properties of specific nuclei listed by mass ranges: A≤5
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D.V. Aleksandrov, Proceedings of the International Conference on Exotic Nuclei and Atomic Masses, (ENAM95), Arles, France, 1995 (Editions Frontiers, Gif-sur-Yvette, France, 1995) p. 329.Google Scholar
- 10.A.A. Yukhimchuk, Nucl. Instrum. Methods A 513, 439 (2003).Google Scholar
- 11.I. Tilquin, Nucl. Instrum. Methods A 365, 446 (1995).Google Scholar
- 12.K.P. Artemov, Yad. Fiz. 28, 288 (1978).Google Scholar
- 15.B.V. Danilin, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 46, 225 (1987).Google Scholar
- 17.O.V. Bochkarev, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 55, 955 (1992).Google Scholar