Flux-weighted average cross-sections of natAg(γ, xn)103–106Ag reactions with end-point bremsstrahlung energies of 45–60 MeV
- 120 Downloads
The flux-weighted average cross-sections of the natAg(γ, xn)103–106Ag reaction with the end-point bremsstrahlung energies of 45, 50, 55, and 60 MeV were determined by activation and the off-line γ-ray spectrometric technique using the 100 MeV electron linac at the Pohang accelerator laboratory (PAL). The natAg(γ, xn)103–106Ag reaction cross-sections as a function of the photon energy were estimated from the TENDL-2013 library based on the TALYS 1.6 computer code. The flux-weighted average cross-sections at the end-point bremsstrahlung energies of 45-60MeV were obtained from the literature data and the theoretical data based on the mono-energetic photons. We found that the present data and the flux-weighted theoretical values for the natAg(γ, xn)103–106Ag reaction increase sharply from their threshold values to certain energies where other reaction channels are opened. Then, the first reaction remains constant until the second one reaches its maximum. Thereafter, the first reaction decreases slowly with an increase in the end-point bremsstrahlung energy due to the opening of different reaction channels.
KeywordsPhotonuclear Reaction Bremsstrahlung Energy Electron Linac Pohang Accelerator Laboratory 24Na Reaction
- 3.IAEA Hand book on photo nuclear data for applications cross-sections and spectra, IAEA-TECDOC-1178 (2000) unpublished.Google Scholar
- 11.O.V. Bogdankevich, B.I. Goryachev, V.A. Zapevalov, J. Exp. Theor. Phys. 15, 1044 (1962).Google Scholar
- 13.F. Carminati, R. Klapisch, J.P. Revol, J.A. Rubia, C. Rubia, CERN/AT/93-49 (ET) (1993) unpublished.Google Scholar
- 14.C. Rubia, J.A. Rubio, S. Buono, R.F. Carminati, N. Fietier, J. Galvez, C. Geles, Y. Kadi, R. Klapisch, P. Mandrilion, J.P. Revol, C. Roche, unpublished (1995).Google Scholar
- 16.J.S. Hendricks, W.M. Gregg, L.F. Michael, R.J. Michael, C.J. Russell, W.D. Joe, P.F. Joshua, B.P. Denise, S.W. Laurie, W.M. William, MCNPX 2.6.0 Extensions, LANL Report LA-UR-08-2216, Los Alamos, URL http://mcnpx.lanl.gov/ (2008) unpublished.
- 23.J. Blachot, C. Fiche, Ann. Phys. Suppl. 6, 3 (1981).Google Scholar
- 24.E. Browne, R.B. Firestone, Table of Radioactive Isotopes, edited by V.S. Shirley (Wiley, New York, 1986).Google Scholar
- 25.R.B. Firestone, L.P. Ekström, Table of Radioactive Isotopes, Ver. 2.1, URL http://ie.lbl.gov/toi/ (2004).