Excited states in 163,164Ho populated through incomplete-fusion reactions
High-spin states in 163,164Ho were investigated by means of in-beam \(\gamma\)-ray spectroscopy techniques using the multidetector array GASP. Excited states in 163,164Ho were populated predominantly through the incomplete-fusion mechanism in the 160Gd (11B \(,\alpha xn)\) reaction at a beam energy of 61 MeV. Known rotational bands in 163 Ho have been extended to higher spins and a three-quasiparticle band has been observed in this nucleus. Rotational bands have been identified in 164Ho and their configurations have been discussed. Empirical Gallagher-Moszkowski (GM) splitting energies were extracted from the \(\pi 7/2^-\otimes\nu 5/2^-\) and \(\pi 7/2^-\otimes\nu 5/2^ + \) GM doublets. Alignments, band crossing frequencies, and electromagnetic properties have been analyzed in the framework of the cranking model.
KeywordsSpectroscopy Excited State Beam Energy Spectroscopy Technique Electromagnetic Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. Bazzacco, in Proceedings of the International Conference on Nuclear Structure at High Angular Momentum, Ottawa, 1992, Report No. AECL 10613, Vol. 2 (1992) p. 376.Google Scholar
- 4.G.D. Dracoulis et al. , J. Phys. G 23, 1191 (1997).Google Scholar
- 6.J.D. Panar et al. , Can. J. Phys. 55, 1657 (1977).Google Scholar
- 9.J.-S. Tsai et al. , Z. Phys. A 322, 295 (1985).Google Scholar
- 10.K. Walther, L. Funke, Annu. Rep. (Rossendorf) ZfK-243, 58 (1972).Google Scholar
- 13.L.K. Peker, Nucl. Data Sheets 65, 439 (1992).Google Scholar
- 22.P.M. Walker, J. Phys. G 16, L233 (1990).Google Scholar
- 24.Ts. Venkova et al. , Z. Phys. A 344, 417 (1993).Google Scholar
- 28.S. Raman et al. , At. Data Nucl. Data Tables 36, 1 (1987).Google Scholar
- 34.F. Dönau, S. Frauendorf, in Proceedings of the Conference on High Angular Momentum Properties of Nuclei, Oak Ridge, USA, 1982, edited by N. Johnson (Harwood Academic, Chur, Switzerland, 1982) p. 143.Google Scholar