Collective dynamics of a dinuclear system
- 28 Downloads
There are theoretical and experimental evidences that show that the cluster model, consisting of a dinuclear system, is capable of explaining several features of deformed heavy nuclei. Examples are the fusion to super-heavy nuclei and the nuclear-structure effects arising from parity splitting in alternating rotational parity bands, especially of the actinide nuclei. The model developed by Shneidman et al. has been able to explain the parity splitting in the actinides using the cluster model in which oscillations in mass asymmetry and relative motion were considered. On the other hand, Hess and Greiner developed a model for nuclear molecules in which the degrees of freedom of butterfly, belly-dancer-type motions, \(\gamma \)- and \(\beta \)-vibrations of individual nuclei were incorporated. The purpose of this work is to extend the model of Shneidman et al. to include some of the degrees of freedom in the work of Hess et al. and, in addition, to consider nuclear molecular rotations and the coupling of these degrees of freedom among themselves, arising from mass asymmetry.
KeywordsExperimental Evidence Relative Motion Cluster Model Heavy Nucleus Molecular Rotation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Buck, A.C. Merchant, S.M. Perez, Phys Rev. C 59, 750 (1999); 58 2049 (1998); V.V. Volkov, Phys. Rep. 44, 93 (1978); W. Greiner, J.Y. Park, W. Scheid, Nuclear Molecules (World Scienctific, Singapore, 1995); D.A. Bromley, Sci. Am. 239, 58 (1978); F. Iachello, A.D. Jackson, Phys. Lett. B 108, 151 (1982).Google Scholar
- 2.G.G. Adamian, N.V. Antonenko, W. Scheid, Nucl. Phys. A 678, 24 (2000).Google Scholar
- 3.T.M. Shneidman, G.G. Adamian, N.V. Antonenko, R.V. Jolos, W. Scheid, Phys. Rev. C 67, 014313 (2003).Google Scholar
- 4.P.O. Hess, W. Greiner, Nuovo Cimento A 83, 76 (1984). P.O. Hess, W. Greiner, W.T. Pinkston, Phys. Rev. Lett. 53, 1535 (1984).Google Scholar
- 5.W. Greiner, The decay of the vacuum in supercritical fields of giant nuclear systems, in Proceedings of the International Conference on Nuclear Physics, Florence, 1983 (Tipografia Compositori, Bologna, 1983).Google Scholar
- 6.H. Kröger, W. Scheid, J. Phys. G 6, L85 (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.J.M. Eisenberg, W. Greiner, Nuclear Models (North Holland, Amsterdam, 1975) Chapt. 6.Google Scholar