The N = Z f 7/2-shell nuclei: Experimental highlights
- 59 Downloads
During the last decade, as the experimental and computing means and techniques have rapidly evolved, the experimental investigation of the f 7/2-shell nuclei has gained renewed interest. TheN = Z nuclei studied with the GASP array range from 44Ti to 52Fe. The results extended the knowledge of their structure up to high spins and excitation energies, above band terminations, where the competition with the charged-particles emission was initially thought to obscure the possibility of gamma-ray spectroscopy investigation. The paper highlights some of the most outstanding properties of these nuclei such as the nuclear rotation and backbending effects, band termination states, yrast traps, non-natural parity bands, competition between T = 0 and T = 1 pn pairing modes.
KeywordsSpectroscopy Experimental Investigation Excitation Energy Termination State Outstanding Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. Bazzacco, Proceedings of the International Conference on Nuclear Structure at High Angular Momentum, Ottawa, 1992, Vol. 2 (Report No. AECL 10613, Chalk River, Canada, 1992) p. 376.Google Scholar
- 3.S. Lenzi et al. , Z. Phys. A 354, 117 (1996).Google Scholar
- 4.F. Brandolini et al. , Nucl. Phys. A 642, 347 (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Lenzi, Contribution to the Symposium on Nuclear Structure Physics with EUROBALL: Achievements 1997-2002, Orsay, 2002.Google Scholar
- 8.A.P. Zuker et al. , Phys. Rev. C 52, R1741 (1995).Google Scholar
- 11.A. Bohr, B.R. Mottelson, Nuclear Structure, Vol. I (World Scientific, Singapore, 1998) p. 42.Google Scholar
- 14.C.A. Ur et al. , Proceedings of the International Workshop PINGST 2000, Selected Topics on N=Z Nuclei, Lund, 2000, edited by D. Rudolph, M. Hellström (Bloms i Lund, Lund, Sweden, 2001) p. 252.Google Scholar
- 15.A. Gadea et al. , Proceedings of the International Workshop PINGST 2000, Selected Topics on N=Z Nuclei, Lund, 2000, edited by D. Rudolph, M. Hellström (Bloms i Lund, Lund, Sweden, 2001) p. 118.Google Scholar
- 18.C. Svensson et al. , Phys. Rev. C 58, R2621 (1998).Google Scholar
- 19.E. Caurier, code ANTOINE (Strasbourg, 1989) unpublished.Google Scholar