Sklansky tree adder realization in 1S1R resistive switching memory architecture
- 2 Downloads
Redox-based resistive switches are an emerging class of non-volatile memory and logic devices. Especially, ultimately scaled transistor-less passive crossbar arrays using a selector/resistive-switch (1S1R) configuration are one of the most promising architectures. Due to the scalability and the inherent logic and memory capabilities of these devices, they are good candidates for logic-in-memory approaches. But due to the memory architecture, true parallelism can only be achieved by either working on several arrays at the same time or at multiple lines in an array at the same time. In this work, a Sklansky tree adder is presented, which exploits the parallelism of a single crossbar array. The functionality is proven by means of memristive simulations using a physics-based TaOx model. The circuit and device requirements for this approach are discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.A. Flocke, T.G. Noll, in Proceedings of the 33rd European Solid-State Circuits Conference (2007), p. 328Google Scholar
- 14.E. Lehtonen, M. Laiho, in 2009 IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Nanoscale Architectures, San Francisco, CA, USA, July 30–31 2009 (2009), p. 33Google Scholar
- 18.M. Teimoory, A. Amirsoleimani, J. Shamsi, A. Ahmadi, S. Alirezaee, M. Ahmadi, in 21st IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits and Systems (ICECS), Marseille, France, December 7–10 2014 (2014)Google Scholar
- 22.D. Harris, in Conference Record of the Thirty-Seventh Asilomar Conference On Signals, Systems & Computers (2003), Vols. 1 and 2, p. 2213Google Scholar
- 23.A. Siemon, S. Menzel, A. Marchewka, Y. Nishi, R. Waser, E. Linn, in 2014 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS) (2014), p. 1420Google Scholar
- 24.A. Siemon, S. Menzel, A. Chattopadhyay, R. Waser, E. Linn, in 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), Lisbon, Portugal, 24–27 May 2015 (2015), p. 13Google Scholar
- 26.S. Menzel, A. Siemon, A. Ascoli, R. Tetzlaff, in Proceedings of 2018 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), 27–30 May 2018, Florence, Italy (2018)Google Scholar
- 27.S. Kim, W. Lee, H. Hwang, in 2012 13th International Workshop On Cellular Nanoscale Networks and Their Applications (CNNA) (IEEE, 2012), pp. 1–2Google Scholar
- 28.D. Bhattacharjee, A. Siemon, E. Linn, S. Menzel, A. Chattopadhyay, ACM JETC 14, 30 (2018)Google Scholar
- 31.J. Reuben, R. Ben-Hur, N. Wald, N. Talati, A.H. Ali, P.-E. Gaillardon, S. Kvatinsky, in 2017 27th International Symposium on Power and Timing Modeling, Optimization and Simulation (PATMOS), Thessaloniki, Greece, 25–27 September 2017 (2017)Google Scholar
- 32.P.-E. Gaillardon, L. Amaru, A. Siemon, E. Linn, R. Waser, A. Chattopadhyay, G. De Micheli, in 2016 Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference & Exhibition (DATE), Dresden, Germany, 14–18 March 2016 (2016), p. 1Google Scholar