Experimental analysis and FLUENT simulation of a stratified chilled water storage system
- 24 Downloads
The purpose of this study is to figure out the hydrodynamic disturbance characteristics and chilled water storage efficiency improvement technique of a storage tank by a series of experimental analysis and FLUENT simulation. A new type of diffusion nozzle was designed, which stemmed from the Coanda effect, and an optimization is done by the numerical simulation method. Comparison analysis by FLUENT simulation on different diffusion angles of the nozzle was made, and the hydrodynamic disturbance was minimal when the diffusion surface was flat and the outlet edge of the nozzle was radial. The diffuser performance testing platform was designed and installed for comparative experimental analysis of various types of diffuser. Three groups of experiments are carried out under the original octagonal diffuser, the octagonal diffuser with nozzles and the octagonal diffuser with nozzles and uniform flow orifice. The chilled water storage efficiency could reach up to 90% when the third scheme was selected.
- 1.A. Musser, W.P. Bahnfleth, HVAC&R Res. 7, 205 (2001) https://doi.org/10.1080/10789669.2001.10391271
- 5.E.C. Guyer, D.L. Brownell, Review of Heat Storage Materials EPRI report, EM-3353 (EPRI, 1983)Google Scholar
- 8.Taylor, M.J.H., Jane’s Encyclopedia of Aviation (Studio Editions, London, 1989)Google Scholar
- 12.N.W. Wildin, C.R. Truman, Evaluation of Stratified Chilled Water Storage, Techniques EPRI report, EM-4352, Vol. 1 (EPRI, 1985)Google Scholar
- 16.J.L. Tang, Y.Y. Shi et al., Chin. J. Low Temp. Phys. 39, 51 (2017)Google Scholar