Nature conservation strategy for regional socioeconomic development
- 25 Downloads
The paper examines the main methodological and systematic aspects for developing a subfederal regional environmental protection strategy using the case study of Novosibirsk oblast. A logical scheme is presented for creating a strategy for regional natural conservation activity. A system of nature conservation measures is presented, determined by the necessity of mitigating or warning possible environmental problems. Calculations are performed for predicting air pollution in Novosibirsk oblast in terms of the most widespread pollutants discharged by stationary sources for the period up to 2025 taking into account the nature conservation measures. The results of the study make it possible to more substantively choose the main directions of nature conservation activity in this region, making it possible to avoid possible threats and use available resources the most effectively. All of this serves a prerequisite both for creating ecological priorities and for developing an environmental protection strategy as an element of the strategy for regional socioeconomic development.
KeywordsNovosibirsk oblast ecological policy nature conservation strategy ecological priorities target ecological indicators
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Strategy of Socioeconomic development of Novosibirsk oblast until 2025. http://economnso.ru/files/1654.pdf. Cited November 3, 2013.Google Scholar
- 2.Regulation of the Government of Russian Federation no. 1120-r, of July 5, 2010 “On approval of the Strategy of socioeconomic development of Siberia until 2020, in Sobranie zakonodatel’stva Rossiiskoi Federatsii (Collection of Legislative Acts of Russian Federation), 2010, no. 33, art. 4444.Google Scholar
- 3.Program of socioeconomic development of Novosibirsk oblast until 2015. http://economy.newsib.ru/files/99713.pdf. Cited October 21, 2013.Google Scholar
- 4.Ekonomika Sibiri: strategiya i taktika modernizatsii (Economics of Siberia: Strategy and Tactics of Modernization), Kontorovich, A.E., Kuleshov, V.V., and Suslov, V.I., Eds., Novosibirsk: Ankil, 2009.Google Scholar
- 5.Seliverstov, V.E., Regional’noe strategicheskoe planirovanie: ot metodologii k praktike (Regional Strategic Planning: From Methodology to Practice), Kuleshov, V.V., Ed., Novosibirsk: Inst. Ekon. Org. Prom. Proizvod., Sib. Otd., Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2013.Google Scholar
- 6.Seliverstov, V.E., Strategicheskie razrabotki i strategicheskoe planirovanie v Sibiri: opyt i problemy (Strategic Development and Planning in Siberia: Experience and Problems), Kuleshov, V.V., Ed., Novosibirsk: Inst. Ekon. Org. Prom. Proizvod., Sib. Otd., Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2010.Google Scholar
- 9.Burmatova, O.P., Methodological aspects of analysis of regional functions from point of sustainable development, in Mater. Vseros. nauchno-prakt. konf. “Innovatsionnyi potentsial sovremennogo regiona: problemy regional’noi bezopasnosti i vnutriregional’noi integratsii na postsovetskom prostranstve” (Proc. All-Russ. Sci.Pract. Conf. “Innovative Potential of Modern Region: Problems of Regional Safety and Interregional Integration on the Post-Soviet Territory”), Volgograd: Volgograd. Fil., Akad. Narod. Khoz. Gos. Sluzhby, 2011, pp. 7–16.Google Scholar