Agglomeration as an object of government (the Case Study of Southern Kuznetsk Basin cities)
This article reviews theoretical approaches and the practical experience in governing the formation of urban agglomerations in Russia. Urban agglomerations should be considered to be one of the forms of intermunicipal economic cooperation. Cities of the Kuznetsk Basin are used as an example of cooperative relations between territories with disadvantages of their chaotic formation caused by a lack of coordination between their social and economic policies. Suggestions regarding improving the legislation in the area of intermunicipal collaboration and further studies for choosing an optimal model of government for Southern Kuznets Basin agglomeration are presented.
Keywordsagglomeration formation intermunicipal cooperation intermunicipal projects model of government agglomerative effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Smirnyagin, L.V., The settlement system in Russia: transformation tendencies, Gorodskoi al’manakh (Urban Anthology), Vetrov, G.Yu., Ed., Moscow: Fond Inst. Ekon. Goroda, 2009, no. 4, pp. 200–209.Google Scholar
- 2.Konstantinov, S., Peculiarities of national megalopolises, Rossiiskaya Gazeta, Sept. 11, 2008.Google Scholar
- 3.Puzanov, A.S. and Popov, R.A., Problems in management of urban megalopolises in modern Russia, Gorodskoi al’manakh (Urban Anthology), Vetrov, G.Yu., Ed., Moscow: Fond Inst. Ekon. Goroda, 2009, no. 4, pp. 147–164.Google Scholar
- 4.Babun, R.V., Problems of territorial organization of local self-government, Gorodskoe Uprav., 2009, no. 5, pp. 13–22.Google Scholar
- 5.Meerovich, M., What for is Irkutsk agglomeration (problems and motivation)? Vestn. Fonda Reg. Razvit. Irkutsk. Obl., 2007, no. 1, pp. 1–25.Google Scholar
- 6.Chelyabinskaya aglomeratsiya: potentsial razvitiya (Chelyabinsk Agglomeration: Potential for Development), Glazychev, V.L., Starodubrovskaya, I.V., Slavgorodskaya, M.Yu., et al., Eds., Chelyabinsk, 2008.Google Scholar
- 7.Babun, R.V. and Mullagaleeva, Z.Z., Predispositions and problems of formation of Southern Kuzbass megalopolis, Problemy i perspektiby sotsial’no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya munitsipal’nykh obrazovanii Yuzhnogo Kuzbassa (Problems and Prospects of Social and Economic Development of Municipalities of Southern Kuzbass), Babun, R.B., Ed., Kemerovo: Kuzbassvuzizdat, 2008, pp. 15–44.Google Scholar
- 8.Goryachenko, Ye.Ye., Mosiyenko, N.L., and Demchuk, N.V., Siberian urban agglomerations: preconditions to the formations and barriers to their development, Region: Ekon. Sotsiol., 2011, no. 3, pp. 94–112.Google Scholar