Cheboksary urban agglomeration: Delimitation and analysis
- 50 Downloads
This paper presents the experience in synthesis of general network and monographic procedures in delimitation of urban agglomerations. The boundaries of the Cheboksary urban agglomeration marked by the general network-wide procedures developed at the Institute of Geography, Russian Academy of Sciences, were corrected with data on labor commuting and transport system services. The completely built-up zone and the area most closely cooperating with the central city were also identified. The study has shown that the area determined by statistical methods is larger than the real zone of Cheboksary influence, and, even within this zone, the intensity of interaction of territories with the core city is highly differentiated. Along with the correction of the boundaries, the differences in the coefficient of development resulting from different approaches used in its calculation are shown.
Keywordsdelimitation of urban agglomerations core city labor and student commuting transport accessibility administrative territorial transformations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dmitriev, S.K., Gorodskoe naselenie Chuvashii v pervoi polovine XIX veka: chislennost’, estestvennoe i mekhanicheskoe dvizhenie, Sostav i Polozhenie Naseleniya Chuvashii v XVIII-Nachale XX Vekov (Urban Population of Chuvashiya in the First Half of XIX Century: Population, Natural Increase and Migration. Composition and Location of Population of Chuvashiya in XVIII — Beginning of XX Century), Cheboksary, 1990, pp. 16–33.Google Scholar
- 2.Lappo, G.M., Razvitie gorodskikh aglomeratsii v SSSR (Development of Urban Agglomerations in USSR), Moscow: Nauka, 1978.Google Scholar
- 3.Lappo, G.M., Polyan, P.M., and Vavilova, T.I., Urban Agglomerations in Russia, in Regional’noe razvitie i regional’naya politika Rossii v perekhodnyi period (Regional Development and Regional Policy of Russia in Transition Period), Artobolevskii, S.S. and Glezer, O.B., Eds., Moscow: Izd. MGTU im. N.E. Baumana, 2011, pp. 264–280.Google Scholar
- 4.Polyan, P.M., Metodika vydeleniya i analiza opornogo karkasa rasseleniya (The Method of Selection and Analysis of Bearing Matrix of Resettlement), Moscow, 1988.Google Scholar
- 5.Raiony i goroda Chuvashii. Sotsial’no — ekonomicheskie pokazateli (Regions and Cities of Chuvashia. Social and Economic Indices), Cheboksary: Terr. Organ Fed. Sluzhby Gos. Stat., 2008.Google Scholar
- 6.Regiony Rossii. Sotsial’no — ekonomicheskie pokazateli (Regions of Russia. Social and Economic Indices), Cheboksary: Terr. Organ Fed. Sluzhby Gos. Stat., 2009.Google Scholar
- 7.Strategiya razvitiya goroda Cheboksary na period do 2020 goda s uchetom perspektiv razvitiya aglomeratsii (Strategy of Development of Cheboksary Until 2020 Considering Perspectives of Development of Agglomeration), 2008.Google Scholar
- 8.Trifonova, Z.A., Gorodskoe Rasselenie v Chuvashii (Urban Resettlement in Chuvashia), Cheboksary: Izd. Chuvash. Univ., 2004, vol. 180.Google Scholar
- 9.Trifonova, Z.A., Evolution of Urban Population in Chuvashiya, in Migratsionnaya situatsiya v regionakh Rossii. Vyp. vtoroi: Privolzhskii federal’nyi okrug, Materialy regional’nogo seminara 10–11 aprelya 2003, Cheboksary (Proceedings of Regional Seminar: Migratory Situation in Russian Regions, Issue 2: Volga Federal District, Cheboksary, April 10–11, 2003), Zaionchkovskaja, Zh., Ed., Moscow, 2004, pp. 162–177.Google Scholar
- 10.The population of the Russian Federation by cities, towns and districts as of January 1, 2002 (2004, … 2008). Federal Service of State Statistics, 2002 (2004, …, 2008).Google Scholar