Russia’s environmental legislation 1855–1913
- 33 Downloads
We study the development and change in priorities in Russia’s environmental policy in the period of 1855–1913. We systematize all of the important legislative acts on nature management (land use, forests, rivers, fishery, the animal kingdom, etc.), geographical regions, ruling figures, and authorities that changed over time. We examine the expediency of taking into account the derived patterns in contemporary nature conservation practice. Important for modern Russian are legislative acts devoted to state regulation of private trade in natural resources, the exclusion of coastal strips of waterbodies from private property, the introduction of rare animal species and forest restoration, protection of the environment from pollution resulting from extraction and transport of oil and oil products, combatting the depletion of fish resources, and many others.
KeywordsEnvironmental Legislation Black Grouse Hunting Season Private Person Mineral Spring
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Vrangel’, V.V., Istoriya lesnogo zakonodatel’stva Rossiiskoi imperii (The History of Forest Legislation of the Russian Empire), St. Petersburg, 1841, p. 153.Google Scholar
- 2.Vystorobets, E.A., Ekologicheskoe pravo. Motivatsii v mezhdunarodnom sotrudnichestve (Ecological Law. Motivations for International Collaboration), Moscow: Nauka, 2006, p. 383.Google Scholar
- 3.Ignat’eva, I.A., Ekologicheskoe zakonodatel’stvo Rossii i problemy ego razvitiya (Russian Environmental Legislation and Problems of Its Development), Moscow: Izd. MGU, 2001, p. 256.Google Scholar
- 4.Krenke, A.N. and Chernavskaya, M.M., Development of Environmental Legislation in Pre-revolutionary Russia (1649–1855), Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser.: Geogr., 2009, no. 4, pp. 17–27.Google Scholar
- 5.Likhacheva, E.A., Ekologicheskie khroniki Moskvy (Environmental Chronicles of Moscow), Moscow: Media-PRESS, 2007, p. 302.Google Scholar
- 6.Polnoe sobranie zakonov Rossiiskoi Imperii s 1649 goda. Pechatano v Tipografii II Otdeleniya Sobstvennoi Ego Imperatorskogo Velichestva Kantselyarii. Sobranie II (1825–1880 gg.) (Complete Code of Laws of the Russian Empire from 1649. Printed in the Printing Office of II Department at The Office of His Imperial Majesty. Collection II (1825–1880)), St. Petersburg, 1880, vols. 1–40.Google Scholar
- 7.Polnoe sobranie zakonov Rossiiskoi Imperii s 1649 goda. Pechatano v Tipografii II Otdeleniya Sobstvennoi Ego Imperatorskogo Velichestva Kantselyarii. Sobranie III (1881–1913 gg.) (Complete Code of Laws of the Russian Empire from 1649. Printed in the Printing Office of II Department of The Office of His Imperial Majesty. Collection III (1881–1913)), St. Petersburg, 1885–1915, vols. 1–32.Google Scholar
- 8.Rakhilin, V.K., Obshchestvo i zhivaya priroda. Kratkii ocherk istorii vzaimodeistviya (Society and Nature. Brief Review of the Interaction History), Moscow: Nauka, 1989, p. 214.Google Scholar
- 9.Tsvetkov, M.A., Izmenenie lesistosti Evropeiskoi Rossii s kontsa XVII stoletiya po 1914 g (Change in Forest Cover in European Russia from the End of XVII century until 1914), Moscow: Izd. AN SSSR, 1957, p. 213.Google Scholar