Spatial functional organization of ecotones on shores of intermittent lake Bulukhta (North Caspian lowland)
- 20 Downloads
The spatial organization of nature systems on shores of lake Bulukhta with variable water level (North Precaspian lowland) was examined by field investigations. The regularities of the composition and spatial structure of the soil-vegetation cover and the peculiarities of the seasonal dynamics and mineralization of the water table were determined. The possibility of applying the ecotone concept as a methodological approach when studying the spatial and functional organization of the soil-vegetation cover and the dynamics of shores of lakes with variable water levels under arid climate conditions has been presented.
Keywordsecotone spatial and functional organization ecosystems dynamic soil-vegetation cover complex species weald groundwater mineralization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bykov, A.V., Bukhareva, O.A., and Kolesnikov, A.V., The influence of fires on natural Blackthorn Stands in Lake Depressions of the Caspian lowland, Lesovedenie, 2013, no. 2, pp. 31–37.Google Scholar
- Doskach, A.G., Prirodnoe raionirovanie Prikaspiiskoi polupustyni (Nature Zoning of Pre-Caspian Semidesert), Moscow: Nauka, 1979.Google Scholar
- Karta rastitel’nosti Evropeiskoi chasti SSSR, M 1: 2500000 (Map of Vegetation of European Part of USSR, Scale 1: 2500000), Isachenko, T.I. and Lavrenko, E.M., Eds., Moscow: Gos. Uprav. Geodez. Kartogr., 1974.Google Scholar
- Landshaftnaya karta SSSR, M 1: 2500000 (Landscape Map of USSR, Scale 1: 2500000), Gudilina, I.S., Ed., Moscow: Gos. Uprav. Geodez. Kartogr., 1987Google Scholar
- Maev, E.G. and Chepalyga, A.L., Caspian Sea, in Dinamika landshaftnykh komponentov i vnutrennikh morskikh basseinov Severnoi Evrazii za poslednie 130000 let. Obshchaya paleogeografiya (Dynamics of Landscape Components and Inland Marine Basins of Northern Eurasia over Last 130000 Years. Basic Paleogeography), Velichko, A.A., Ed., Moscow: GEOS, 2002, no. 11, pp. 182–191.Google Scholar
- Novikova, N.M., Achievements and goals of study of ecotone “water-land” system, Aridnye Ekosist., 2006, vol. 12, nos. 30–31, pp. 12–19.Google Scholar
- Novikova, N.M. and Volkova, N.A., Method of sampling and analysis of natural data for separation of bordiers and complex assessment of structural and functional blocks of ecotone, in Ekotonnye sistemy “voda-susha”: metodika issledovanii, strukturno-funktsional’naya organizatsiya i dinamika (Method of Study, Structural-Functional Organization and Dynamics of Ecotone “Water-Land” Systems), Moscow: KMK, 2011, pp. 16–34.Google Scholar
- Rychagov, G.I., Pleistotsenovaya istoriya Kaspiiskogo morya (Pleistocene Evolution of the Caspian Sea), Moscow: Mosk. Gos. Univ., 1997.Google Scholar
- Ulanova, S.S., Implementation of ecotone concept for assessment of biodiversity in a zone of influence of the artificial reservoirs of Kalmykia, Aridnye Ekosist., 2006, vol. 12, nos. 30–31, pp. 97–106.Google Scholar
- Zaletaev, V.S., Structure of ecotones in the context of management, in Ekotony v biosfere (Ecotones in Biosphere), Moscow: Ross. Akad. S-kh. Nauk, 1997, pp. 11–29.Google Scholar