Selection of new highly active L-alanine producer strains of Brevibacterium flavum and comparison of their activity in alanine synthesis
- 27 Downloads
New mutants resistant to L-cycloserine and β-chloro-L-alanine and not described previously were obtained from a parental strain Brevibacterium flavum AA5. Their ability to produce alanine was studied. It was found that the resistance to L-cycloserine did not significantly affect the yield of L-alanine, whereas the resistance to β-chloro-L-alanine of B. flavum GL1 and B. flavum GL18 producers exceeded the initial level of the L-alanine synthesis by 23 and 38%, respectively.
KeywordsBrevibacterium flavum mutagenesis producer strain L-alanine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dworkin, M., The Prokaryotes: Symbiotic Associations, Biotechnology, Applied Microbiology, 3rd ed., Kumagai, H., Ed., vol. 1, Chapter 3.2, Springer, 2006.Google Scholar
- Filipovich, Yu.B., Egorova, T.A., and Sevast’yanova, G.A., Praktikum po obshchei biokhimii (A Practical Course in General Biochemistry), Moscow, 1982.Google Scholar
- Gaibakyan, L.D., Avetisova, G.E., Azizyan, A.G., et al., Study of enzymes involved in alanine biosynthesis in Brevibacterium flavum, Biotekhnologiya, 2003, no. 1, pp. 44–48.Google Scholar
- Melkonyan, L.H., Avetisova, G.E., Hambardzumyan, A.A., et al., Study of L-glutamate-pyruvate aminotransferase inhibition in wild type strain of Brevibacterium flavum 14067 and L-alanine strain-producer Br. flavum AA5, in Intern. Conf. “State-of the-Art Biotechnology in Armenia and ISTC Contribution,” Armenia, 2008, p. 72.Google Scholar
- Miller, J., Experiments in Molecular Genetics, New York: Cold Spring Harbor, 1972.Google Scholar
- US Patent No. 5124257, 1992.Google Scholar
- US Patent No. 5559016, 1996.Google Scholar
- US Patent No. 6627420, 2003.Google Scholar
- US Patent No. 20100151449A1, 2010.Google Scholar