Features of memory and intellectual activity among the elderly with different reading productivity
- 16 Downloads
The aim of this work was to study the indicators of memory and intellectual activity among elderly people with different reading productivity. The results of the study showed that elderly people were distinguished by a greater number of errors when performing oral–aural, visual memory, and visual-spatial tasks. The errors made by subjects with low reading productivity may indicate dysfunction of tone and wakefulness; of reception, processing and storage of information; and weakening of hemispheric interaction.
Keywordsproductivity of reading old age cognitive activity functional units of brain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Anan’ev, B.G., O problemakh sovremennogo chelovekoznaniya (The Problem of Modern Social Science), St. Petersburg: Piter, 2001.Google Scholar
- 2.Borodina, V.A. and Borodin, S.M., Monitoring of reading quality in education, Chelov. Chitayushchii: Homo legens, 2013, no. 5, pp. 185–197.Google Scholar
- 3.Velichkovskii, B.B., Possibilities of cognitive training as a method for correction of age failures of cognitive control, Eksp. Psikhol., 2009, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 78–91.Google Scholar
- 4.Volkovskaya, T.N., Conceptual principles of logical psychology, Kul’t.-Istor. Psikhol., 2008, no. 3, pp. 3–10.Google Scholar
- 5.Zakharova, I.A., Complex potential at the normal and pathological aging, Sist. Psikhol. Sotsiol., 2013, no. 7 (1), pp. 65–74.Google Scholar
- 6.Korsakova, N.K., Balashova, E.Yu., and Roshchina, I.F., Express-method of assessment of cognitive functions in normal aging, Zn. Nevrol. Psikhiatr., 2009, no. 2, pp. 44–50.Google Scholar
- 7.Korsakova, N.K. and Roshchina, I.F., Neuropsychological approach to analysis of normal and pathological aging, Nevrol., Neiropsikhiatr., Psikhosomatika, 2009, nos. 3–4, pp. 4–8.Google Scholar
- 9.Fokin, V.F., Ponomareva, N.V., Bukatina, E.E., Neurophysiologic predictor of the death, Usp. Gerontol., 1997, vol. 1, pp. 61–65.Google Scholar
- 10.Frankl, V., Man’s Search for Meaning, New York: Washington Square, 1985.Google Scholar