Morphofunctional features of erythrocytes as targets of early aging
- 20 Downloads
The morphofunctional features of erythrocytes in clinical models of early aging (essential hypertension, coronary artery disease, and diabetes mellitus) are considered on the basis of original clinical and cytomorphological data. It is shown that normal aging and early aging are accompanied by the following effects: aberrations in cell shape and size, impaired cell-cell interactions, changes of cell membrane elasticity, and accelerated cell degradation.
Keywordserythrocytes early aging arterial hypertension coronary heart disease diabetes mellitus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Anosova, E.V., Proshchaev, K.I., Bessarabov, V.I., and Krivetskii, V.V., Determination of vascular age based on the thickness of intima-media of common carotid arteries as the method for identification of the patients with accelerated aging, Krovoobr. Gemostaz., 2012, nos. 1–2, pp. 150–152.Google Scholar
- 2.Belozerova, L.M., Determination of biological age using blood analysis, Klin. Gerontol., 2006, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 50–52.Google Scholar
- 3.Korkushko, O.V., Kalinovskaya, E.G., Molotkov, V.I., Prezhdevremennoe starenie cheloveka (Premature Human Aging), Kiev: Zdorov’ya, 1979.Google Scholar
- 4.Lazebnik, L.B., Polymorbidity of elderly people, Serdtse, 2007, no. 7, pp. 25–27.Google Scholar
- 5.Proshchaev, K.I., Pozdnyakova, N.M., Martines Garses, H.K., et al., Physiological and premature aging of a man and mankind in terms of life safety, Bezop. Zhiznedeyat., 2011, no. 12, pp. 45–51.Google Scholar
- 6.Zhabalin, V.N., General pattern of human organism aging, Zdravookhr. RF, 2009, no. 2, pp. 13–18.Google Scholar
- 7.Pearlman, A.S., Reimbursement for new diagnostic imaging technologies: process, progress and problems, Am. J. Cardiol., 2002, vol. 90, no. 10a, pp. 177–207.Google Scholar
- 8.Prashchayeu, K., Pavlova, T., Pozdnyakova, N., et al., The possibilities of investigation of morphofunctional properties of erythrocytes in the estimation of effectiveness of fixed combination in patient with metabolic syndrome, in The 4th Int. Conf. on Fixed Combination in the Treatment of Hypertension, Dyslipidemia and Diabetes Mellitus, Paris, France, December 1–4, 2011, p. 127.Google Scholar