Comparative analysis of mental disorders among elderly with chronic leukemia and dyscirculatory encephalopathy
The goal of our study was to compare mental disorders among elderly patients with chronic leukemia (CL) and dyscirculatory encephalopathy (DE). One hundred patients with CL were studied. The control group contained 85 patients with stage-I and -II DE. The Spielberger-Khanin anxiety scale and Zung depression scale were used. In patients with CL without clinical features of DE, mental disorders occurred mostly in the form of anxiety, while the combination of DE and CL led to depression. Patients with DE were characterized by anxiety and depression due to chronic cerebral ischemia.
Keywordschronic leukemia dyscirculatory encephalopathy anxiety depression
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abdulkadyrov, K.M., Bessmel’tsev, S.S., and Rukavitsyn, O.A., Khronicheskii mieloleikoz (Chronic Myeloleukemia), St. Petersburg: Spetslit, 1998.Google Scholar
- 2.Volkova, S.A., Prytkova, M.V., Lyutov, S.I., and Borovkov, N.N., Clinical Manifestation of Chronic Myeloleukemia at the Diagnosing and Survival Rate of the Patients Younger and Older 60 Years According to Observations from 1980s to 2003, Gematol. Transfuziol., 2005, no. 3, pp. 15–19.Google Scholar
- 3.Vorob’eva, O.V., Depression as the Associated Factor of Cerebrovascular Disease, Consilium medicum, 2007, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 39–43.Google Scholar
- 4.Gematologiya (Hematology), Mamaev, N.N. and Ryabov, S.I., Eds., St. Petersburg: Spetslit, 2008.Google Scholar
- 5.Klinicheskaya onkogematologiya: Ruk. dlya vrachei (Clinical Oncohematology: Manual for Physicians), Volkova, M.A., Ed., Moscow: Meditsina, 2001.Google Scholar
- 6.Rukovodstvo po gematologii (Manual on Hematology), Vorob’ev, A.I., Ed., Moscow: N’yudiamed, 2003.Google Scholar
- 7.Suslina, Z.A., Varakin, Yu.A., and Vereshchagin, N.V., Sosudistye zabolevaniya golovnogo mozga (Vascular Diseases of the Brain), Moscow: Medpress-Inform, 2009.Google Scholar