The effect of surfactant admixture during milling on pressing, sintering, and magnetic properties of FeCrCoMoW alloy
The effect of surfactant admixture (stearic and oleic acids) with a variety of milling (dry milling, milling in water and ethanol) on pressing and sintering and magnetic properties of the Fe-30Cr-20Co-2Mo-2W (wt %) hard magnetic powder alloy was studied. The addition of stearic and oleic acids in the amount of up to 2 wt % during dry or wet milling increases the density of pressed samples. The use of surfactants during milling in water and ethanol increases the density of sintered samples. X-ray diffraction shows that only accumulation of defects takes place in the crystal structure of the particles, and no additional phases form during dry or wet milling of powder mixtures containing a surfactant. The best magnetic hysteresis properties were obtained with samples milled in ethanol with 1% stearic acid.
Keywordspowder alloys permanent magnets surfactants milling pressing sintering magnetic properties coercive force residual induction maximum energy product
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kaneko, H., Homma, M., and Nakamura, K., New ductile permanent magnet of Fe-Cr-Co system, Proc. AIP Conf. “Magnetism and Magnetic Materials,” 1971, no. 5, pp. 1088–1092.Google Scholar
- 3.Alymov, M.I., Ankudinov, A.B., Zelenskii, V.A., Milyaev, I.M., Yusupov, V.S., and Ustyukhin, A.S., Effect of alloying and sintering regime on magnetic hysteresis properties of Fe-Cr-Co powdered alloy, Fiz. Khim. Obrab. Mater., 2011, no. 3, pp. 34–37.Google Scholar
- 4.Milyaev, I.M., Alymov, M.I., Yusupov, V.S., Zelenskii, V.A., Ankudinov, A.B., and Milyaev, A.I., The effect of silicon and molybdenum on magnetic hysteresis qualities of powder 22Kh15KA hard-magnetic alloy, Poroshk. Metall. Funkts. Pokr., 2011, no. 4, pp. 54–57.Google Scholar
- 5.Ryaposov, I.V. and Shatsov, A.A., Peculiarities of alloying, structure and properties of powdered hard-magnetic alloy with increased exploitation characteristics, Perspekt. Mater., 2009, no. 1, pp. 57–61.Google Scholar
- 7.Shatsov, A.A., RF Patent 2334589, 2006.Google Scholar
- 8.Shatsov, A.A., RF Patent 2038918, 1991.Google Scholar