Ceramic composition material for operation under extreme conditions
- 35 Downloads
A ceramic material based on a corundum matrix formed by submicrocrystalline particles of aluminum oxide and filled with microsized particles of lanthanum hexaaluminate is obtained. The matrix is reinforced additionally by aluminum oxide nanofibers, and the fiber surface is modified by zirconium dioxide nanoparticles. All the components of the ceramic composite are synthesized by the sol-gel method. The composite has high strength and thermal properties. The coefficient of friction and abradability of the composite material make it possible to recommend its application for operation under dry friction conditions at high temperatures and in frictional units of fine mechanical instruments.
Keywordsceramic composites microstructure composite components sol-gel method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brandon, D. and Kaplan, W.D., Microstructural Characterization of Materials Weinheim: Wiley, 1999; Moscow: Tekhnosfera, 2004.Google Scholar
- 2.Shevchenko, V.Ya. and Barinov, S.M., Tekhnicheskaya keramika (Technical Ceramics), Moscow: Nauka, 1993.Google Scholar
- 3.Barinov, S.M. and Shevchenko, V.Ya., Prochnost’ tekhnicheskoi keramiki (The Hardness of Technical Ceramics), Moscow: Nauka, 1996.Google Scholar
- 4.Garshin, A.P., Gropyanov, V.M., Zaitsev, G.P., and Semenov, S.S., Keramika dlya mashinostroeniya (Ceramics for Mechanical Engineering), Moscow: Nauchtekhizdat, 2003.Google Scholar
- 5.Dudkin, B.N., Bugaeva, A.Yu., Zainullin, G.G., and Filippov, V.N., Properties of Ceramical Corundum-Lanthanum Hexaaluminate Composite, Ogneupory Tekhn. Keramika, 2004, No. 12, pp. 14–18.Google Scholar
- 6.Dudkin, B.N. and Bugaeva, A.Yu., Submicrocrystalline ‘Corundum-Lanthanum Hexaaluminate’ Ceramics Modified by Yttrium Oxide, Trudy mezhdunar. nauchno-tekhnicheskoi konf. “Kompozity v narodnoe khozyaistvo” (Kompozit 2005) (Proc. Int. Sci.-Techn. Conf. ‘Composites into National Economy’ (Composite 2005)) Barnaul, 2005, pp. 82–86.Google Scholar
- 7.Galakhov, A.V. and Shevchenko, V.Ya., Effect of Gel-Formation Conditions on Phase Transformations in Polymer Alumo-Silicate Geles of Mullite Composition, Ogneupory, 1994, No. 1, pp. 8–11.Google Scholar
- 9.Bugaeva, A.Yu., Effect of Yttrium Oxide on the Properties of Binary Aluminum-Containing Oxides and Ceramics on Their Base, Candidate Sci. (Chem.) Dissertation, Chelyabinsk: Inst. Chem. Ural. Branch Russ. Acad. Sci., 2003.Google Scholar
- 10.Dudkin, B.N., Bugaeva, A.Yu., and Zainullin, G.G., ’sol-Gel’ Method of Formation of Microstructure of Filled and Reinforced Ceramic Composite, Konstruktsii Kompozit. Mater., 2010, No. 1, pp. 9–15.Google Scholar
- 12.Padalko, A.G., Praktika goryachego izostaticheskogo pressovaniya neorganicheskikh materialov (Practice of Hot Isostatic Compressing of Inorganic Materials), Moscow: Akademkniga, 2007.Google Scholar