Structural features of crystallization and hardening of amorphous alloy in the Fe-Cr-B system
- 37 Downloads
The kinetics of crystallization and the influence that structural parameters of the liberated crystal phase have on the change in microhardness of Fe70Cr15B15 alloys were studied by transmission electron microscopy and X-ray structural analysis. It was established that the eutectic mechanism of crystallization is realized in the Fe70Cr15B15 alloy. The formed crystals with a eutectic phase represent barrel-like globules of iron boride Fe3B and α-FeCr alternating nanoplates in a ratio of 3: 1. It was found that the values of micro-hardness of the alloy rise linearly with an increase in the volume fraction of particles of the eutectic phase, resulting mainly from the difference between the moduli of elasticity of the amorphous matrix and the liberated eutectic-phase particles.
Keywordscrystallization of an amorphous state microhardness nanocrystal structure amorphous alloy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Glezer, A.M., Permyakova, I.E., Gromov, V.E., and Kovalenko, V.V., Mekhanicheskoe povedenie amorfnykh splavov (Mechanical Behavior of Amorphous Alloys), Novokuznetsk: Sib. Gos. Issl. Univ., 2006.Google Scholar
- 2.Boldyrev, V.I., Veksler, F.S., Noskova, N.I., et al., Study of the Crystallization Kinetics of the Fe64Co21B15 Amorphous Alloy, Phys. Met. Metallogr., 1999, vol. 87, no. 5, pp. 439–442.Google Scholar
- 3.Glezer, A.M., Peculiarities of Structure and Mechanical Behavior of Nanocrystals Obtained by Tempering from Liquid State, Materialovedenie, 1999, no. 3, pp. 10–19.Google Scholar
- 4.Glezer, A.M. and Permyakova, I.E., Modern Concepts of Methods of Investigating the Mechanical Properties of Metallic Glasses, Deform. Fract. Mater., 2006, no. 3, pp. 2–11.Google Scholar
- 5.Scott, M.G., Crystallization, in Amorphous Metallic Alloys, Lyuborskii, F.E, Ed., London: Butterworths, 1983; Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1987, pp. 144–168.Google Scholar
- 7.Glezer, A.M., Manaenkov, S.E., Permyakova, I.E., and Shurygina, N.A., Influence of Nanocrystallization on Mechanical Behavior of Fe-Ni Based Amorphous Alloys, Deform. Fract. Mater., 2010, no. 8, pp. 1–10.Google Scholar
- 8.Chernyavskii, K.S., Stereologiya v metallovedenii (Stereology in Metal Science), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1977.Google Scholar
- 10.Samsonov, G.V. and Vinnitskii, I.M., Tugoplavkie soedineniya (Refractory Compounds), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1976.Google Scholar