Transformation-strengthened ZrO2-CeO2 ceramic on the basis of powders synthesized using the ultrasonic spray pyrolysis method
- 35 Downloads
The possibility of obtaining submicron ceramic powders with a composition of ZrO2 + 12 mol % CeO2 using the ultrasonic spray pyrolysis method is examined. The effects of the technological parameters of the process on the characteristics of powder particles and their sintering abilities are investigated. The structure and mechanical characteristics of polycrystalline ceramics from aerosol powders indicate sufficiently high properties of this material comparable to similar parameters of ceramics from standard ultradispersed powders. However, to obtain this novel type of ceramic, one does not require pretreatment of the initial powder or use of special expensive methods of powder compaction.
Keywordstransformation-strengthened ZrO2-CeO2 ceramic ultrasonic spray pyrolysis aerosol powders
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.Tsukuma, K., Mechanical Properties and Thermal Stability of CeO2 Containing Tetragonal Zirconia Polycrystals, Am. Ceram. Soc. Bull., 1986, vol. 65, no. 10, pp. 1386–1389.Google Scholar
- 9.Galakhov, A.V., Fomina, G.A., Il’icheva, A.A., and Mikhailina, N.A., Mechanical Properties of ZrO2 + 12 mol % CeO2 Ceramics with CaO, Y2O3, Nd2O5 Additives, Ogneupory, 1994, no. 2, pp. 7–10.Google Scholar
- 10.Galakhov, A.V., Agglomerates in Nanopowders and Technology of Ceramics, Novye Ogneupory, 2009, no. 9, pp. 20–25.Google Scholar
- 12.Galakhov, A.V. and Tsibailo, E.V., Non-Agglomerated Powders for Transformation-Strengthened Construction Ceramics, Ogneupory Tekhn. Keram., 1997, no. 6, pp. 5–8.Google Scholar
- 13.Antipov, V.I., Vinogradov, L.V., Galakhov, A.V., Goncharova, L.S., and Kolmakov, A.G., New Technology of Production of Nano-Structured Micro-Spherical Powders, Doklady Vtoroi mezhdunarodnoi konferentsii “Deformatsiya i raz rushenie materialov i nanomaterialov”, (Proc. 2nd Int. Conf. “Deformation and Destruction of Materials and Nanomaterials, Moscow, 2007”) Noscow: Interkontakt Nauka, p. 252.Google Scholar
- 14.Song, Y.L., Tsai, S.C., Chen, C.Y., et al., Ultrasonic Spray Pyrolysis for Synthesis of Spherical Zirconia Particles, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 2004, vol. 87, no. 10, pp. 864–1871.Google Scholar
- 15.Novikov, N.V., Dub, S.N., and Bulychov, S.I., Methods of Microtests of Crack-Resistance, Zavod. Labor., 1988, vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 60–67.Google Scholar