Test bed calibration of fog-based strapdown inertial measurement unit
- 114 Downloads
The paper outlines the method for calibration of a strapdown inertial measurement unit (SIMU) based on fiber-optic gyros (FOG) in dynamic conditions on a test bed. Calculated components of linear velocity vector and position of SIMU accelerometer unit on the test bed platform are used as a reference. The accuracy of a proposed method is estimated by testing the SIMU based on FOGs by IXSEA (France) on three-axis rate table by Acutronic.
KeywordsPower Spectral Density Inertial Navigation System Rate Table Misalignment Angle Strapdown Inertial Navigation System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Syed, Z.F., Aggarwal, P., Goodall, C., et al., A New Multi-Position Calibration Method for MEMS Inertial Navigation Systems, Meas. Sci. Technol., 2007, no. 18, pp. 1897–1907.Google Scholar
- 2.Bogatsky, I. and Leonets, O., A Procedure for High-Accuracy Calibration of Strapdown IMU on a Low-Accuracy Turntable, Proc. 2010 Int. Symp. on Internal Technology and Navigation, 2010, pp. 294–310.Google Scholar
- 3.Gui-Ling, Zh., Wei, G., Xin, Zh., and Yue-Yang, B., A Closed-Loop Iterative Calibration for Marine High Precision Fiber Optic Gyro Unit, Proc. 2010 Int. Symp. on Internal Technology and Navigation, 2010, pp. 86–93.Google Scholar
- 4.Bo, X. and Feng, S., A FOG Calibration Research Based on High-Precision Three-Axis Turntable, IEEE 978-0-7695-3519-7/09, 2009, pp. 454–458.Google Scholar
- 5.Izmailov, E.A., Lepe, S.N., Molchanov, A.V., and Polikovsky, E.F., Scalar Method for Calibrating and Balancing Strapdown Inertial Navigation Systems, 15th St. Petersburg Int. Conf. on Integrated Navigation Systems, St. Petersburg: 2008, pp. 145–154.Google Scholar
- 6.Atamanov, N.A., Troitsky, V.A., and Gusev, I.V., Strapdown Inertial System Sensor Unit Calibration, 12th St. Petersburg Int. Conf. on Integrated Navigation Systems, St. Petersburg: Elektropribor, 2005, pp. 162–164.Google Scholar
- 7.Anuchin, O.N. and Emel’yantsev, G.I., Integrirovannye sistemy orientatsii i navigatsii dlya morskikh podvizhnukh ob“ektov (Integrated Navigation and Orientation Systems for Marine Vehicles), St. Petersburg: Elektropribor, 2003.Google Scholar
- 8.Emel’yantsev, G.I., Starosel’tsev, L.P., and Ignat’ev, S.V., Rhumbal Drifts of Strapdown Inertial Module on Fiber-Optic Gyros, Giroskopiya Navigatsiya, 2005, no. 1, pp. 22–29.Google Scholar
- 9.Ignat’ev, S.V., Stepanov, A.P., Zav’yalov, P.P., and Vinokurov, I.Yu., Synthesizing the Control Algorithm for Modulation Rotation of an Inertial-Satellite System IMU, Mekhatronika, Avtomatizatsiya, Upravlenie, 2012, no. 3, pp. 62–67.Google Scholar