Inverse gas chromatography for identification of poly(ethylene glycol adipate) and tripropionitrilamine on the surface of polymeric sorbent
- 39 Downloads
Identification of the adsorption of poly(ethylene glycol adipate) (PEGA) and tripropionitrilamine (TPA) on styrene-divinylbenzene porous polymer was performed with the use of the inverse gas-chromatography method in finite concentration. PEGA and TPA were applied in quantities ω = 10−6−10−3 mass fractions. As test sorbates n-propanol, n-butanol, and n-hexane used. The adsorption isotherm and the values of specific retention volumes were calculated via the Glueckauf method. It was found that the dependence of the retention volumes on the sorbate concentration in gas phase of the studied samples is well approximated by a power function corresponding to the Freundlich isotherm. The possibility of detecting PEGA and TPA on the surface of sorbent through the A coefficients of a power function was shown, and a linear dependence between the A values and negative logarithm of ω was also found, making it possible to quantitatively determine TPA and PEGA on the surface of a sorbent.
KeywordsSorbate Retention Volume Polymeric Sorbent Sorbate Concentration Specific Retention Volume
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Drugov, Yu.S., Zenkevich, I.G., and Rodin, A.A., Gazokhromatograficheskaya Identifikatsiya Zagryaznenii Vozdukha, Vody, Pochvy i Biosred: Prakticheskoe Rukovodstvo (Gas Chromatography for Identification of Air, Water, Soil, and Biological Mediapollution: a Practical Guide), Moscow: BINOM, 2005, p. 752.Google Scholar
- 2.Yang, R.T., Adsorbents: Fundamentals and Applications, Hoboken, New York: Wiley, 2003, p. 410.Google Scholar
- 3.Modifitsirovannye kremnezemy v sorbtsii, katalize i khromatografii (Modified Silicas for Sorption, Catalysis, and Chromatography), Lisichkin, G.V., Ed., Moscow: Khimiya, 1986, p. 248.Google Scholar
- 4.Conder, J. and Young, C., Physicochemical Measurement by Gas Chromatography, Chichester: Wiley, 1979.Google Scholar
- 5.Kiselev, A.V., Mezhmolekulyarnye vzaimodeistviya v adsorbtsii i khromatografii (Intermolecular Interactions in Adsorption and Chromatography), Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola, 1986, p. 360.Google Scholar
- 6.Yashkin, S.N. and Shuster, R.Kh., Izv. Akad.Nauk, Ser. Khim., 2003, vol. 52, p. 2233.Google Scholar
- 7.Cerefolini, G. and Rudzinski, W., in Equilibria and Dynamics of Gas Adsorption on Heterogeneous Solid Surfaces, Rudzinski W., Steele W., and Zgrablich G., Eds., Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1997, p. 1.Google Scholar
- 8.Kiselev, A.V. and Yashin, Ya.I., Gazo-adsorbtsionnayakhromatografiya (Gas Adsorption Chromatography), Moscow: Nauka, 1967, p. 256.Google Scholar
- 10.Adsorption: Theory, Modeling, and Analysis, Toth, J.N.Y., Ed., Basel: Marcel Dekker, 2001, p. 879.Google Scholar