Catalytically active cobalt-copper-oxide layers on aluminum and titanium
- 69 Downloads
Oxide coatings modified with cobalt and copper oxides are obtained on titanium and aluminum by means of combining plasma electrolytic oxidation (PEO) in silicate and zirconate electrolytes and impregnation in nitrate solutions followed by annealing. The effect of PEO coatings that were preliminarily formed on aluminum and titanium in different electrolytes on the composition and surface morphology of cobaltcopper oxide composites and their activity with respect to CO oxidation is studied. The maximum total concentration of cobalt and copper is found to be typical of composite layers based on SiO2 + Al2O3/Al, while the minimum content is observed in the case of layers based on ZrO2 + TiO2/Ti, the PEO bases being characterized by the highest and lowest water-absorbing capacity, respectively. The effect of PEO coatings on the catalytic activity of cobalt-copper oxide catalysts decreases in the series SiO2 + TiO2/Ti > SiO2 + Al2O3/Al > Ce2O3 + ZrO2 + TiO2/Ti > ZrO2 + TiO2/Ti.
KeywordsCobalt Copper Oxide Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation Silicate Coating Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation Coating
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Vodyankin, A.Y., Kurina, L.N., and Shilyaeva, L.P., Russ. J. Appl. Chem., 1999, vol. 72, no. 6, p. 1079.Google Scholar
- 4.Popova, N.M., Katalizatory ochistki gazovykh vybrosov promyshlennykh proizvodstv (Catalysts for Purifying Exhaust Gas Emissions of Industrial Plants), Moscow: Khimiya, 1991.Google Scholar
- 8.Suminov, I.V., Belkin, P.N., Epel’fel’d, A.V., et al., Plazmenno-elektroliticheskoe modifitsirovanie poverkhnosti metallov i splavov (Plasma-Electrolytic Surface Modification of Metals and Alloys), Moscow: Tekhnosfera, 2011, vol. 1.Google Scholar
- 13.Ved’, M.V. and Sakhnenko, N.D., Korroz.: Mater., Zashch., 2007, no. 10, p. 36.Google Scholar
- 18.Grikhiles, S.Ya., Obezzhirivanie, travlenie i polirovanie metallov (Degreasing, Etching, and Polishing of Metals), Leningrad: Mashinostroenie, 1977.Google Scholar
- 19.Yampol’skii, A.M., Travlenie metallov (Etching of Metals), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1980.Google Scholar