Studies of physicochemical properties of modified carbon nanomaterials for sorption extraction of radionuclides. III. The effect of oxidizing treatment on sorption of Am(III) from aqueous solutions
- 50 Downloads
The purpose of this work was to develop a method of manufacturing a new sorption material by soft oxidation of initial carbon materials with effective sorption characteristics with respect to americium. A technique of oxidation of FAS and VSK carbons is developed. Physicochemical properties of the obtained materials are studied, the micropore size and volume are determined, and IR spectra of samples are studied. Sorption of Am (III) is studied under various conditions. It is established that oxidizing treatment of FAS increases its sorption ability in respect to Am(III).
KeywordsSorption Process Americium Oxidative Treatment Carbon Sorbent Benzene Vapor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Erankin, S.V., Gindulin, I.K., and Yur’ev, Yu.L., Mezhd. Evraziiskii simp. “Derevoobrabotka: tekhnologii, oborudovanie, menedzhment XXI veka” (International Eurasian Symposium “Woodworking: technologies, Equipment, XXIst Century Management”), Yekaterinburg, November 13–16, 2007.Google Scholar
- 2.Logunov, M.V., Voroshilov, Yu.A., Starovoitov, N.P., et al., Radiokhimiya, 2006, vol. 48, no. 1, p. 51.Google Scholar
- 3.Popova, N.N., Bykov, G.L., Tananaev, I.G., and Ershov, B.G., Khim. Tekhnol., 2011, no. 4, pp. 237–244.Google Scholar
- 4.Popova, N.N., Bykov, G.L., Tananaev, I.G., and Ershov, B.G., Sb. tez. dokl. XIX Mendeleevskogo s“ezdf po obshchei i prikladnoi khimii (Abstracts of XIX Mendeleev Symposium in General and Applied Chemistry), Volgograd, September 25–30, 2011, IUNL VolgGTU, vol. 4, p. 130.Google Scholar
- 5.Popova, N.N., Bykov, G.L., Petukhova, G.A., Tananaev, I.G., and Ershov, B.G., in Sb. tez. dokl. IV Vseros. Konf. po khimicheskoi tekhnologii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem KhT’12 (Abstracts of IV All-Russia Conference in Chemical Technology with International Participants KhT’12), Moscow, March 18–23, vol. 2, p. 390.Google Scholar
- 6.Nakanisi, K., Infrakrasnye spektry i stroenie organicheskikh soedinenii (Infrared Spectra and Structure of Organic Compounds), Moscow: Mir, 1965.Google Scholar
- 7.Gel’ferikh, F., Ionity (Ionites), Moscow: Izdvo inostr. litry, 1962.Google Scholar
- 8.Kokotov, Yu.A. and Pasechnik, V.A., Ravnovesie i kinetika ionnogo obmena (Equilibrium and Ion Exchange Kinetics), Leningrad: Khimiya, 1970.Google Scholar
- 10.Lakiza, N.V. and Neudachina, L.K., Materialy mezhd. nauchn. konf. “Molodezh’ i khimiya”. (Abstracts of International Scientific Conference “Youth and Chemistry), Krasnoyarsk, 2004, pp. 145–147.Google Scholar
- 11.Popova, N.N., Bykov, G.L., Petukhova, G.A., Tananaev, I.G., and Ershov, B.G., Sb. tez. dokl. XI Mezhd. Konf. “Sovremennye problemy adsorbtsii” (Abstracts of XI International Conference “Modern Problems of Adsorption”), Moscow, October 24–28, 2011, pp. 136–137.Google Scholar