Inhibitory effect of cysteine in acid media
- 47 Downloads
The new data and the data available in the literature on the use of the processes of complex formation for protection of metals against corrosion are analyzed. Using the example of cysteine, we show the applicability of the conception according to which the protective effect of some organic inhibitors is due to the formation of partially soluble compounds on the metal surface between these substances and the cations of a dissolving metal. It is shown that, using the proposed conception, it is possible to explain the features of the electrochemical and corrosion behavior of iron in cysteine-containing solutions of sulfuric acid. The approach under discussion and the recommended criteria make it possible to carry out a focused selection of corrosion inhibitors.
KeywordsCysteine Corrosion Rate Polarization Curve Corrosion Inhibitor Organometallic Complex
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Reshetnikov, S.M., Ingibitory korrozii metallov (Inhibitors of Metal Corrosion), Moscow: Khimiya, 1986.Google Scholar
- 2.Gumenyuk, O.L., Cand. Sci. (Chem.) Dissertation, Kiev: Inst. Khim. Poverkhnost. Nats. Acad. Sci. Ukraine, 2006.Google Scholar
- 3.Antropov, L.I. and Pogrebova, I.S., Itogi Nauki Tekh., Ser.: Korroziya Zashch. Met., 1973, vol. 2, p. 27.Google Scholar
- 4.Vishnevs’ka, Yu.P. and Tkalenko, D.A., Visn. Nats. Tekh. Univ. KhPI, 2008, no. 32, p. 34.Google Scholar
- 5.Bick, M.V., Vishnevska, Yu.P., and Tkalenko, D.A., Abstracts of Papers, 57th Annual Meeting of Int. Soc. of Electrochemistry, 2006, S5-P–116.Google Scholar
- 6.Kramer, R., Stability Constant Database, Heidelberg: Universitat Heidelberg, 1998.Google Scholar
- 7.Tkalenko, D.A., Vishnevskaya, Yu.P., and Byk, M.V., Fizikokhimiya Poverkhnost. Zashch. Mater., 2008, vol. 44, no. 4, p. 445 [Prot. Met. Phys. Chem. Surf. (Engl. Transl.), vol. 44, no. 4, p. 415].Google Scholar
- 8.Kuznetsov, Yu.I., Zashch. Met., 1995, vol. 31, no. 3, p. 229.Google Scholar
- 9.Massabni, A.C., Corbi, P.P., Melnikov, P., and Zaharias, M.A., J. Chem. Soc., 2005, vol. 16, p. 718.Google Scholar