Corrosion and anodic dissolution of magnesium alloys in the presence of inhibitor
The effect of NTPS inhibitor on the corrosion behavior of magnesium alloys with various contents of alloying components is studied. NTPS is found to be an effective corrosion inhibitor in the absence of energizing, but under the anodic polarization, it does not produce any noticeable effect on the self-dissolution process. Comparative analysis of the processes proceeding at the anodic dissolution of magnesium and electron-microscopic studies of the specimens showed that the dissolution is accelerated due to the active-surface development. A supposition that, under the effect of a constant anodic current, the development and formation of the magnesium surface relief takes place at the initial polarization stage is put forward.
PACS numbers82.45. Bb
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kolotyrkin, Ya.M. and Florianovich, G.M., Itogi Nauki Tekhniki, Ser. Elektrokhimiya, Moscow: VINITI, 1971, vol. 7, p. 5.Google Scholar
- 2.Kokoulina, D.V. and Kabanov, B.N., Doklady Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1957, vol. 112, no. 4, p. 692.Google Scholar
- 3.Ivanov, E.G. and Aleskovskii, V.B., In Sbornik rabot po khimicheskim istochnikam toka (Collected Works on Chemical Current Sources), Daniel-Bek, V.S. and Novakovskii, A.M., Eds., Moscow: Energiya, 1966, p. 132.Google Scholar
- 4.Nazarov, A.P. and Yurasova, T.A., Zashch. Met., 1993, vol. 29, no. 3, p. 381.Google Scholar
- 5.Nazarov, A.P. and Yurasova, T.A., Zashch. Met., 1995, vol. 31, no. 2, p. 139.Google Scholar
- 7.Kuznetsov, Yu.I., Usp. Khimii, 2004, vol. 73, no. 1, p. 79.Google Scholar
- 8.Pevneva, A.V., Gimasheva, I.M., Matern, A.I., et al., USSR Inventor’s Certificate no. 1339163, Byull. Izobret., 1987, no. 35, p. 23.Google Scholar
- 9.Handbook of Cathodic Corrosion Protection. Theory and Practice of Electrochemical Protection Processes, von Baeckmann, W., Schwenk, W., and Prinz, W., Eds., Houston: Gulf Professional, 1997.Google Scholar
- 10.GOST (State Standard) 9.913-90: Aluminum, Magnesium, and Their Alloys. Methods of Accelerated Corrosion Tests.Google Scholar
- 11.GOST (State Standard) 9.907-83: Metals, Alloys, and Metallic Coatings. Methods of Corrosion Product Removal After Corrosion Tests.Google Scholar