A catalyst for producing diesel fuels with improved cold flow characteristics
- 25 Downloads
The aim of this work is to develop a catalyst for the hydroisomerization of a straight-run hydrotreated diesel fraction to allow the production of a diesel fuel with improved cold flow characteristics. Some catalyst samples containing zirconia modified with tungstate anions, high-silica zeolite, noble (Pt, Pd) or transition (Ni, Mo) metals, a binder (alumina), and promotors are synthesized. The samples are subjected to laboratory tests at temperatures of 250–360°C, a pressure of 3.0 MPa, feed hourly space velocities (FHSVs) of 1.5–3.0 h–1, and an H2/feedstock ratio of 1000 m3/m3. The target product yield relative to feedstock on GITs-1 (with Ni, Mo) and GITs-2 (with Pt, Pd) is 84.6 and 91.0 wt %, respectively, and the depression of the cloud and cold filter plugging points in comparison to the feedstock was 20°C for both catalysts. The possibility of producing a diesel fuel for a cold climate in compliance with GOST R (Russian State Standard) 52368–2005 or a winter diesel fuel in compliance with TR TS (Customs Union Technical Regulation) 013/2011 is shown.
Keywordsbifunctional catalyst hydroisomerization isodewaxing waxy fuels cold flow properties high-silica zeolite zirconia hydrogenating metal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Grudanova, A.I., Khavkin, V.A., Gulyaeva, L.A., Sergienko, S.A., Krasil’nikova, L.A., and Mis’ko, O.M., Mir Nefteprod., 2013, no. 12, pp. 3–7.Google Scholar
- 2.Lysenko, S.V., Baranova, S.V., Sungurov, A.V., Kovaleva, N.F., and Karakhanov, E.A., Neftekhimiya, 2005, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 331–335.Google Scholar
- 6.Kuznetsov, P.N., Kuznetsova, L.I., and Kazbanova, A.V., Chem. Sustainable Dev., 2010, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 299–311.Google Scholar
- 7.Kuznetsov, P.N., Kuznetsova, L.I., Zhizhaev, A.M., Obukhov, Ya.V., Koval’chuk, V.I., Tverdokhlebov, V.P., and Sannikov, A.L., Khim. Tekhnol., 2004, no. 1, pp. 2–6.Google Scholar
- 9.GOST R (Russian State Standard) 52368–2005: EURO Diesel Fuel. Technical Specifications, 2005 (with change no. 1, March 1, 2012).Google Scholar
- 10.TR TS (Customs Union Technical Regulation) 013/2011: Requirements to Automobile and Aviation Gasoline, Diesel and Ship Fuel, Jet Engine Fuel and Furnace Boiler Oil, 2011.Google Scholar