Deactivation of the Pd-Ag-Al2O3 catalyst and Ag-Al2O3 chemisorbent at joint operation in the process of selective acetylene hydrogenation
- 42 Downloads
The deactivation of the commercial Al-Pd catalyst promoted with silver and Ag-containing chemisorbent in selective acetylene hydrogenation in an ethane-ethylene mixture was studied. It was found that carbonaceous deposits are formed on dispersed silver particles of the Pd-Ag-Al2O3 catalyst and on large silver crystallites of the Ag-Al2O3 chemisorbent. The lightest rapidly burning hydrocarbons of composition CH2.5m with a low degree of aromaticity are sorbed on the silver particles or in the nearest neighborhood of them. Slowly burning hydrocarbons of composition CH1.5–1.8m with high a degree of aromaticity are fixed on the alumina support. It was suggested to replace the Pd-Ag-Al2O3 catalyst currently used at the Nizhnekamskneftekhim plant in the process of selective acetylene hydrogenation by a system with a lower content of silver or without it.
KeywordsSilver Particle Base Site Lewis Acid Site Alumina Support Silver Metal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Plate, N.A. and Slivinskii, E.V., Osnovy khimii i tekhnologii monomerov (Fundamentals of the Chemistry and Technology of Monomers), Moscow: Nauka, 2002.Google Scholar
- 6.Busygin, V.M., Lamberov, A.A., Egorova, S.R., et al., Katal. Prom-sti., 2006, no. 2, p. 24.Google Scholar
- 7.Busygin, V.M., Lamberov, A.A., Egorova, S.R., et al., Katal. Prom-sti, 2006, no. 3, p. 34.Google Scholar
- 17.ASTM D 3663-99 Manual Standartnyi metod opredeleniya ugleroda i sery v katalizatorakh i nositelyakh katalizatorov (ASTM D 3663-99 Manual “Standard Method of Carbon and Sulfur Determination in Catalysts and Catalyst Supports”).Google Scholar
- 18.Paukshtis, E.A., Infrakrasnaya spektroskopiya v geterogennom kislotno-osnovnom katalize (Infrared Spectroscopy in Heterogeneous Acid-Base Catalysis), Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1992.Google Scholar
- 19.Umanskii, Ya.S., Skakov, Yu.A., Ivanov, A.M., and Rastorguev, L.I., Kristallografiya, rentgenografiya i elektronnaya mikroskopiya (Crystallography, X-ray Diffraction, and Electron Microscopy), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1982.Google Scholar
- 20.Kogan, S.B., Kogan, S.B., Podkletnova, N.M., et al., Zh. Prikl. Khim., 1983, vol. 56, no. 8, p. 1832.Google Scholar
- 21.Lamberov, A.A., Romanova, R.G., and Sitnikova, E.Yu., Katal. Prom-sti, 2003, no. 2, p. 96.Google Scholar
- 22.Van Krevelen, D.W. and Schuyer, J., Coal Science, Amsterdam: Elsevier. Translated under the title Nauka ob ugle, Moscow: Khimiya, 1986.Google Scholar